HOPE is a group for parents whose adult children have estranged from them. We are here to support, encourage and help one another to remain positive, come to terms with the estrangement and move forward during this difficult time. Whilst venting is encouraged, negative / derogatory comments about our EC is discouraged. Please read Group Guidelines & Etiquette at the top of the Home page.
- Founded On:
- Apr 18th, 2010
- Founded By:
- artemis000 replied to devotedma's Group Discussion Post 12/9
- ImSomebodyToo joined Haven of Peace for Estranged Parents 12/8
- kamary replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 12/8
- devotedma replied to devotedma's Group Discussion Post 12/8
- artemis000 replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 12/8
- sandshitzu7 replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 12/7
- kamary replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 12/7
- MrPHP replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 12/7
- kamary wrote a Group Discussion Post 12/7
Posted by artemis000 - 06/21/13, 06:50 pm
The main aim and focus of HOPE is to support and encourage one another to remain positive, come to terms with estrangement and, hopefully, find ways to reconcile with our estranged adult children. If reconciliation has, sadly, proved impossible for the time being (eg, the estranged adult children ar...
- Topic Title
- Feeling despair- I may have figured out what the estrangement is about, but don't know what to do
- Letting Go
- My heart aches for all you who are hurting....
- The Meaning of Acceptance (Inspirational)
- Parental Alienation - Link to Highly Useful Information
- I sent a letter
- Serenity Prayer
- I had a Dream
- The Science of Gratitude
- Better than riches
- Mindfulness - Techniques for Living in the Present Moment
- Years and Years of Drama-we are walking away
- What does haven of peace mean to you?
- When siblings reject the EC
- Alone on Holidays?
I am praying for all of us who have estranged children today, and for those who have new reconciliations as well; that they may be strong and grounded as time goes on. We are all in this together.
Thought for the day:- In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
Thought for the day:- People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway. If ...
Thought for the day:- "The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly" ~ Buddha
Thought for the day:- When nobody celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It's not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It's up to you. Encouragement comes from the inside.
Thought for the day:- Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.
Thought for today:- "Let no one enter your inner kingdom unless they come with love" ~ Ajame