HOPE is a group for parents whose adult children have estranged from them. We are here to support, encourage and help one another to remain positive, come to terms with the estrangement and move forward during this difficult time. Whilst venting is encouraged, negative / derogatory comments about our EC is discouraged (it really doesn't help anyone). Please read Group Guidelines & Etiquette at the top of the Home page.
- Founded On:
- Apr 18th, 2010
- Founded By:
- dynamiclori replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 3:59pm
- artemis000 replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 3:07pm
- lovemyson1 replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 2:25pm
- after27yrs replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 2:23pm
- after27yrs replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 2:21pm
- after27yrs replied to dynamiclori's Group Discussion Post 2:18pm
- artemis000 replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 10:54am
- artemis000 replied to kamary's Group Discussion Post 10:53am
Posted by artemis000 - 01/17/14, 06:58 am
We keep adding self-help articles, books and resources to this section:- http://www.lenz-kappov.co.uk/hope/HopeExtra.php Enjoy!
Posted by artemis000 - 06/21/13, 06:50 pm
The main aim and focus of HOPE is to support and encourage one another to remain positive, come to terms with estrangement and, hopefully, find ways to reconcile with our estranged adult children. If reconciliation has, sadly, proved impossible for the time being (eg, the estranged adult children ar...
- Topic Title
- A belated Happy Day for lovemyson xx
- Lori also had a birthday
- Happy Birthday to Kate from all of us!
- NEW JERSEY YOUTH SUES PARENTS FOR …..
- Why We Need Time Out From Our Worrying!
- Interesting Article on Rejection
- Keeping up with ED
- Never, ever, ever give up!
- LET THEM GO...
- Things are not good
- Are You a Perfectionist
- Good things happen to those that wait
- Let Go and Live Well
- Live All You Can (Inspirational)
- Saw my girl today
- Gifts for the EC
I'm so grateful to this entire group! I know many of you are hurting. I am proof right now that things can turn around for you. It has taken me practicing self love and being patient with myself. I have isolated and cried many tears. Through the fantastic support of this group, I seem to final ...
Have a wonderful , peacefilled , Valentines,, Please know you are all loved , by me!! I so appreciate the kindness youve given me huggs Robin
I'm With You
Thought for the day:- In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
Thought for the day:- People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway. If ...
Thought for the day:- "The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly" ~ Buddha
Thought for the day:- When nobody celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It's not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It's up to you. Encouragement comes from the inside.