Discussion Topic

Pasteurized Kefir

Posted on 06/18/11, 05:15 pm
The question of whether or not it is OK to eat pasteurized kefir keeps popping up, so I thought I would address it in detail.

First, it is important to understand why raw kefir is beneficial for an autoimmune sufferer. Here is what the problems are in autoimmune disease. 1) We are unable to digest dietary proteins because we lack pancreatic enzymes. 2)These dietary proteins are the only source of vitamin B12.3)These dietary proteins are also the only source of the essential amino acids that have been found in numerous studies to be lacking in autoimmune sufferers. 4)If these dietary proteins are not properly broken down, not only will we lack B12 (which is necessary for every cell in our bodies) and essential amino acids, these undigested proteins will pass directly into our bloodstreams and create an "immune response". This is what we saw in the pictures and studies that have been posted here and in the book on lupus.These "denatured proteins" have been found in nearly all autoimmune diseases. They are called amyloids. (amyloids are just improperly folded proteins)

The inability to digest proteins because we lack pancreatic enzymes is almost always accompanied by an overgrowth of pathogenic yeasts and bacteria.

Here is why raw kefir will address all of these issues.

Kefir is made from raw milk. Raw milk contains B12. Pasteurized milk does not.

Raw milk contains 60 living enzymes, pasteurized milk contains none.Several of the enzymes in raw milk, including amylase, phosphaases, and lipases break down starches, fats, and phosphate compounds to make the milk more digestible.Other enzymes like catalase, lysozyme, and lactoperoxidase help kill unwanted bacteria both in the milk and in our bodies. (Remember the bacteria overgrowth in autoimmune disease.)Another enzyme in raw milk is lactase. When milk is pasteurized, this enzyme is destroyed and people may experience 'lactose intolerance' as a result. Another missing enzyme is phosphatase. Phosphatase is necessary for the assimilation of calcium.Pasteurization also results in the loss of vitamins A,D, and E. And of course B12.

During pasteurization, the milk is forcefully heated to high temperatures in a process that resembles nothing it would be exposed to in nature. This process 'denatures the proteins'.They are deformed and broken up in such a way that the body thinks they are foreign and mounts an immune response against them. This is of grave importance to an autoimmune sufferer. Of course, with raw milk this is not the case. In fact, when the raw milk is then made into kefir, the proteins are partially digested and therefore much easier for an autoimmune sufferer to process. Your body will now be able to create essential amino acids.

When live kefir grains are added to raw milk, they use the enzymes, beneficial bacteria and all of the other nutrients that are present in only raw milk to create the amazing food-kefir- that will help heal and restore your body.

Pasteurized milk is not only not beneficial for an autoimmune sufferer, it is extremely harmful. The lack of enzymes necessary for proper digestion, lack of B12, and especially the 'denatured proteins' (which are to be avoided at all costs) are the primary reasons why. Pasteurized kefir is not a shortcut, it is a deadend.

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 Replies
  • Reply #1 06/18/11  5:50pm
    Great summary. I came across something interesting yesterday. I have this splotchy, red, flat, mottled skin all over my legs, arms, neck. I found out it is yet another lupus thing, but it can also be seen in Anorexia Nervosa. Hmm. Anorexics are starving from lack of food. PEDD sufferer's can drink all the pasturized milk in the world and they, too, are starving from lack of food. (Not to mention a really ghastly immune response to the denatured proteins).
  • Reply #2 06/18/11  6:00pm
    Good one. Thanks for sharing. :-)

{{{hugs}}}
  • Reply #3 06/18/11  6:16pm
    @Red, I certainly hope you have this electronically saved so you don't have to keep rekeying the whole story! It will come up again as we have new members! :)
  • Reply #4 06/19/11  12:20am
    i can post it as a news article. tomorrow. or maybe the next day. Tomorrow is my daughter's grad party.
  • Reply #5 06/19/11  6:10am
    Regarding human consumption of cows milk; this is what I was taught years back when I was a vegan.

The human body only has the ability to digest milk until about age six which is the age after which all children would be weaned from their own mothers breast milk. We are not equipped to be drinking the milk from a cow.
  • Reply #6 06/19/11  12:21pm
    Here's a link to do some reading:

http://www.midvalleyvu.com/About_Mi...

Pasteurized milk is not beneficial whereas raw milk is since raw contains the live enzymes needed to be healthy.

{{{hugs}}}
  • Reply #7 06/19/11  12:54pm
    I am sort of stunned at the moment, there is in fact a small faction of people who believe drinking milk passed a few years of age is not necessary, and in fact can be harmful. There reasoning seem understandable. So confusing!
  • Reply #8 06/19/11  1:48pm
    There theory is: Cows, monkeys, whales, etc...do not drink milk after a certain age. So,why should we? However, If raw milk is healing someone..I say Go for it!
  • Reply #9 06/19/11  2:18pm
    Our creator would know, let's ask him.

Exodus 3:8 "And I am proceeding to go down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a land good and spacious, to a land flowing with milk and honey."
  • Reply #10 06/19/11  2:32pm
    I know that cows have a 3 chambered stomach that was designed to ferment grass. We can't eat grass because we lack that ability, but when we drink the milk, we derive the benefits of the fermentation process of the grass.

Welcome

Join This Group

Annesse Brockley has written a book in which she details her own illness, diagnosed as Lupus, and her struggle to regain health. It was when she inadvertently happened upon the cure that she really investigated and read the varied research she illuminates in her book. It all comes together and then the reader is led to understand what the cure is and how to begin to effect it in their own health. We are attempting to gain health through her discoveries.