Discussion Topic

Jesus Calling March 24, 2011

Posted on 03/24/11, 10:29 am
As some of you know this book that I am reading "Jesus Calling" is a true blessing for me. I been missing some days, because MRS TDC, been putting up some very good devotionals, and I just did not felt lead to put up one until now. I hope you see your self sitting at Jesus feet listening as Mary did to this devotional. Pray before reading it and ask God to speak to your heart. God Bless You!

Jesus Calling

This is a time in your life when you must learn to let go: of loved nes, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presense,as you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized posseion into My care.

You can feel secure even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presense. The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today, and forever . As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand. Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you.

Psalms 89:15 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Isaiah 41:13

For I am the LORD your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

Showing 6 Replies
  • Reply #1 03/24/11  1:05pm
    LET GO AND LET GOD IN HIS WAY AND IN HIS TIME.

• Reply #2 03/24/11  5:52pm
    Thank u Jesus.
  • Reply #3 03/26/11  8:21pm
    I am in this very position at church. I play piano and have been the only one able to for quite a few years. I came off antidepressants at the end of last year. During the last two years a lady in our church who can play had been away doing a course to become a counsellor. She qualified last year and offered me counselling, which I gladly accepted because by this time I was beginning to struggle with emotions that were coming back with a vengeance, emotions I hadn't felt for many many years. She offered to take over playing and so I let go of it, took my hands off it and gave it back to God. I was also helping out with the kids, then couldn't cope with that and I was also doing the slides for the words for worship, have had to give that up to. I have had to let God have back the work and wait to see what He gives back to me, I am certain that when I am in a better place he will restore what He wants and I will be doing what He wants me to do and at this point I believe it will be a new thing. Giving up what you've always done or who you've always been is very hard. Family is just as hard to leave in God's hands, something I have had to do as well. I am going through a divorce because I discovered a while ago that my husband was gay among other things, I guess when I came off the tablets I began to feel quite bereft after everything I felt safe with disappeared beneath me. The one thing that has been stable in my life is Jesus, if He hadn't been there then neither would I. I Hope this makes sense.
  • Reply #4 03/26/11  8:49pm
    Indeed it does angel glory. You sure have your hands full, and much pain in your life. It's also feels so productive to fill up our schedule, and then later regret it. I am speaking for my self as I write this,maybe you can relate? My brother shot himself last Sept and also recently lost my father a couple of years ago, my mother, who is a high player gambler stays on the road all the time, her health is in bad shape and so forth. I been real concern for her. A friend told me Karen you are in her addiction you need to let go and get out of it. Another words my thoughts, my focus, my heart was breaking to watch her come and go. Then another friend said, Karen you been praying for God's will be done, but you really have not allow it in your heart. She was so right, both advice was like 500 pounds that came off. So yep it make sense, I will pray that you will continue to get refresh. :)
  • Reply #5 03/27/11  2:22pm
    I can see Harmony that it is only by God's Grace that you have come through to this place where you are now, without Him I am certain that what you are going through would have overwhelmed you. Family can hold us under, I was sexually abused by my father and I was held by that for years until God helped me let go and like you Harmony it was like 500 pounds coming off. I will pray for you too. God Bless
  • Reply #6 03/27/11  4:04pm
    Thank you Angelglory!

Welcome

Join This Group

A safe place for Christians who believe the Bible to meet to join in a fellowship for discussions, prayers, and encouragement of Christians. We want to help people grow to be mature disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. Please let us know your needs, concerns and have some fun getting to know each other. We value the posting of Scriptures, and hope that we can all respect different Christian viewpoints.