Discussion Topic

Health Recovery Center

Posted on 04/15/08, 09:11 pm
Lo and behold I found this nutrition-based recovery center headquartered in my own town (Minneapolis). They have people come from all over the world for addiction treatment and claim a huge success rate. Anyone know anything about this? Help start the discussion please!
Showing 3 Replies
  • Reply #1 04/17/08  4:09pm
    Oh I'd sure like to know more about that. AA worked for a while, actually I've been in and out for many, many years, and get to the point I'm sick of hearing the same old shit, same old s*** at every meeting, and the same people. There has to be another way.
  • Reply #2 04/17/08  5:30pm
    Here's the link to their website. http://www.healthrecovery.com/
    My therapist happens to have his office in the same building, and I asked his opinion...he said he knew several people who had successfully recovered there, and they claim to have a huge success rate...I'll check into it the next time I'm in the building and post something here. ALSO: next Tuesday my husband is going to his first "Addiction Busters" meeting. (Go "Back to Discussions" and check that discussion). I'll let you know what I find ...but what interested my husband is the fact that there, they discuss ALL alternatives available.
  • Reply #3 06/09/08  4:21pm
    Yes, this is like ortho molecular (sp) therapies, organics and changing lifestyles.

Meditations and holitic views.... all of these posts here in the alternatives are interesting!

Where is the support in them though?

Sherose
    (guess I am growing old of all therapies)LOL hense why I am starting my own book <cackle>

Welcome

Join This Group

This group is to specifically discuss what alternatives have worked or not worked...SMART? Rational Recovery? LifeRing? Addiction Busters? Lots of us includig me are searching for answers and have lots of questions so please join and HELP!