Discussion Topic

papaya fruit & leaf exctract

Posted on 10/09/11, 08:23 pm
What benefits are there in the fruit and the leaf extract, juice, tea. Possible help with my platelets?
Showing 6 Replies
  • Reply #1 10/09/11  11:04pm
    i don't have any idea, musicman. did you google it? maybe someone on here will know?

don't know if this pertains to you...when i was in treatment my platelets went really low so the doctor added procrit injections weekly. and he also told me that there was absolutely nothing i could do to make them increase. (other than the procrit)
  • Reply #2 10/09/11  11:07pm
    http://www.juicing-for-health.com/h...

looks like it might be worth a try !
  • Reply #3 10/10/11  6:44am
    I thought Mak chimed in on this..but I read too that the leaf extract helps!
  • Reply #4 10/10/11  9:27am
    I'm not sure of the relationship between platelets and white blood cells but I believe papaya leaf extract 'can' boost white blood cell production. I've taken the extract in liquid form and while I don't know exactly what effect it had my general impression was that I had more energy.

Hard to be sure, I do a lot to keep fit - running up and down mountains for example! - and take a variety of supplements, so working out the benefit one thing has is not always easy. However, as I said, my general impression is that the papaya extract did do something beneficial in terms of energy.
  • Reply #5 10/10/11  2:32pm
    Things to raise platelets I found on the internet the other day.

Oregon Grape Root 1-2 tsp 3x daily for 7 days on, then 7 days off. Berberines are like antibiotics and you need to take a break to let your immune system kick back in. Golden Seal also has berberines.

Papaya Leaf extract, small doses, too much will cause diarrhea.

Alfalfa Leaf 1-2 tsp 3x daily, can be taken every day. It's considered the king of all vegetation by Allah's followers.

Astragulus 3-5 T daily can be taken as an enema

Schizandra didn't write down the doses

Eleuthro (Siberian Ginseng) small doses

I read up on many of these at http://mountainroseherbs.com
  • Reply #6 10/11/11  10:21am
    Thanks everyone. Very helpful.

Welcome

Join This Group

Whether you have HCV or not, take charge of your health. This group is about what you can do to improve your health. To search this group, google dailystrength alternative and what you are looking for. "dailystrength alternative coffee" will bring up discussions about coffee.