Pet Bereavement Support Group
The loss of a pet or animal to which one has become emotionally bonded can be an intense loss, comparable with the death of a loved one. Whilst there is strong evidence that animals can feel such loss for other animals, this community focuses on human feelings, when an animal is lost, dies or otherwise is departed.
deleted_user
My dog Iris who I've had for ten years passed this morning. I rescued her from an animal shelter when she was four years old. I was told that they believed she had been abused and she definetely seemed to have been with the way she was around our family at first. Through the years she has not only been my dog but everyone's dog. I got her the summer my grandma passed and of course she was there for me when I needed comforting she would cuddle up with me at night. Iris was taken to the hospital Sunday afternoon after noticing she hadn't been eating and she was bloated. We got her to the vet and they said she had a tumor in her spleen. Once they did ER surgery that night they said the tumor had ruptured and she had a liter and a half of blood in her stomach that they took out. After the surgery she was doing much better. I went to the hospital after work yesterday and was able to visit with her and walk her around, she didn't seem like herself but I was told that it was from her still being groggy from the surgery. I knew she wasn't herself. I walked her around for about 20 minutes but she seemed tired and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable after that major surgery so I took her back in. I was supposed to bring her home today when I received a call that she was going downhill fast. They had to give her a blood transfusion. Before I could walk out the door to get there they said she was coding and that they would try to keep her alive until I got there. Once I got there she was on a breathing machine and was gasping for air. I petted her, kissed her and told her I loved her, about two seconds later she took her last breath and passed. My mom and my nephews were there with me and my mom said that she was waiting for me to get there so that I could say bye to her. I believe it but it still hurts so very badly. Right now I'm typing this while I'm laying on my bed where she would normally be cuddled up next to me. I don't know how to deal with her not following me around the house and being my little sidekick anymore. I miss her more than words can say.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Copper and George
And please come on here with all of us who feel the same as you we will try our best to help