Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Favorite Quotes
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Quote by Rabbi Joshua Liebman in his book, "Peace Mind" writes "The melody that the loved one played upon the piano of your life will never be played quite that way again, but we must not close the keyboard and allow the instrument to gather dust. We must seek out other artists of the spirit, new friends who gradually will help us to find the road to life again, who will walk the road with us."

I really like that quote.
Posted on 09/04/10, 05:53 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Widows & Widowers. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/04/10  6:03pm
" That is nice I will take your post as an invitation for others to add favourite quote on this common sad journey we share. A colleague at work who lost her husband this year sent me this one from George Eliot:
"She was no longer wrestling with the grief, but could sit down with it as a lasting companion and make it a sharer in her thoughts."
- George Eliot "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/04/10  7:30pm
" That is a wonderful quote from "Peace Mind." Thanks for sharing it with us. Hugs, Donna "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/04/10  10:12pm
" Thanks for sharing...I just saw the following...thought I'd share it...
"The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears." The author was not named. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/05/10  12:47pm
" “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly.” Richard Bach, (Illusions) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/05/10  1:21pm
" One of my dad's favorite quotes taught to me at a very young age. .

Isn't it strange
That princes and kings,
And clowns that caper
In sawdust rings,
And common people
Like you and me
Are builders for eternity?

Each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass,
A book of rules;
And each must make,
Ere life is flown
A stumbling block
Or a stepping-stone.

So now through this journey of grief, I must decide to build a stepping stone. . again.

Carol "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/06/10  4:22pm
" "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible but there arriving (s)he is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." Plato "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/06/10  10:59pm
" "The moment I heard my first love story, I started looking for you not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along" Rumi "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web