Discussion:
Michelle Obama speaks of 'hunger' for education
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
AP) Michelle Obama speaks of 'hunger' for education
By BEN NUCKOLS
Associated Press
COLLEGE PARK, Md.

First lady Michelle Obama spoke passionately about the importance of education to the African-American community in a commencement address Friday, urging more than 600 graduates of Bowie State University to honor the school's history and to pass their commitment to education on to future generations.

In her 15-minute address, the first lady touched on the university's founding in 1865 to train black teachers; the difficulties confronted by black students after emancipation from slavery and during the civil rights movement; and the sacrifices made by her own parents, who were not college graduates.

"I am thinking about all the mothers and the fathers just like my parents, who dug into pockets for their last dime," Mrs. Obama said. "Their sacrifice is your legacy."
Posted on 05/18/13, 01:25 am
1 Reply Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for War & Terrorism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/18/13  7:39am
" sounds like a nice speech my culture is pro education it is the one thing never taken away from you what you learn "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web