Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Obama Today: Some Ex Order He Can Use For Gun Cont
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
In today's News Conference...this portion, about "Gun Control"

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'

"I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president."
12:14 PM, JAN 14, 2013 • BY DANIEL HALPER

President Obama said he'd take "executive action" to deal with guns at his press conference today:

"My understanding is the vice president's going to provide a range of steps that we can take to reduce gun violence," said Obama.

"Some of them will require legislation, some of them I can accomplish through executive action. And so I will be reviewing those today, and as I said, I will speak in more detail to what we're going to go ahead and propose later in the week.

But I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president, and where you get a step that, has the opportunity to reduce the possibility of gun violence, then i want to go ahead and take it."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...
Posted on 01/14/13, 01:59 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for War & Terrorism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/14/13  2:14pm
" I can only hope he uses everything in his power to once again ban assault weapons and multi-shell clips or whatever they call them.

No one wants to pry your pistol or hunting rifle from your "cold, dead hands" as some believe Obama wants. Assault weapons are to kill people - lots of them - in a short amount of time. 85% of children killed in the WORLD by guns are in the US. I can't document that statistic, just heard it on the radio sometime.

What a wonderful tribute to all of the deaths at Sandy Hook, the theater in Aurora, CO, that shopping mall, and all of the other places too numerous to mention.

And for those who say "then only criminals will have assault weapons" - immediate confiscation for anyone with an assault weapon unless they are the police force or military. No exceptions. Confiscation, then donate to the military or destroy them. How about a huge tax on ammo, too?

Let's make this harder, folks. Keep your handgun, keep your target/hunting rifle...the rest are banned. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/14/13  2:55pm
" doesnt make much sense to me anymore "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/14/13  3:13pm
" As presidend all he can do is make easier to inforce
the laws we all ready have. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/14/13  3:27pm
" "When a government has ceased to protect the lives, liberty and property of the people, from whom its legitimate powers are derived, and for the advancement of whose happiness it was instituted, and so far from being a guarantee for the enjoyment of those inestimable and inalienable rights, becomes an instrument in the hands of evil rulers for their oppression." Texas Declaration of Independence, March 2nd, 1836

Also, "It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments." "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/15/13  10:33pm
" The "assault" rifle ban is an absolute crock of shit. Lanza didn't even use one. It remained in the car and it was a shot gun anyhow in that trunk. The whole sandy hook story reeks to high heaven. So many holes in that one it appears to have been planned by gun grabbers. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/15/13  10:45pm
" and on Piers Morgan tonight, one of the guests, a law professor was saying most mass shootings are not committed with AR-15's, assault rifles

none of it makes any sense to me

its like GWBush/Cheney
"never mind what happened here stage left, we're going stage right, but we're going to tell you its stage left" "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/15/13  10:49pm
" More people are killed by hammers than rifles in the US. I mean, DUH. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/15/13  10:55pm
" The executive actions could include giving the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention authority to conduct national research on guns, more aggressive enforcement of existing gun laws and pushing for wider sharing of existing gun databases among federal and state agencies.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/... "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web