Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Painful veins
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have very painful veins in the bend of my left knee. It normally doesn't hurt much unless I do a lot of stairs and activity. I am over weight but working on loosing it. I recently moved into a new house that has 14 steps going into the house. After a weekend of carrying the boxes up the stairs, I can hardly walk! It is so painful in my left leg I can hardly bare it. When I do to bed my leg aches terribly and I can't sleep. It has been 3 days now and it is getting better since I am not doing much but going to work and resting when I get home. Does any one know how to relieve vein pain?
Posted on 03/30/10, 05:52 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Varicose Veins. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/25/10  8:10pm
" It seems to me your leg pain is not due to varicose veins. Pain caused by varicose vein does not increase due to exercise. On the contrary exercise helps ease the pain caused by varicose veins. Anyway, as you have veins, your first step should be wearing compression stockings intended for this purpose. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/25/10  8:14pm
" You can visit my website http://www.nuvelaesthetica.com to learn more about the symptoms associated with varicose veins, ways to prevent their formation or worsening and the treatment options available today. I am sure you will find the website quite helpful. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/08/10  11:50pm
" Hi Cameorose.....I have really bad "pools" (I think theyre called) behind and beside my right knee. My pain was was enough to get MRI to see if I had a torn meniscus.....docs thought that was cause of pain till the MRI showed that there was NO tears....just the huge veins.
Had 2 orthos check and both said to go fix the veins that they were causing pain and swelling....esp. trying to sleep. Even with a pillow between my legs, just resting the area on anything can be painful!
And, BTW, the stockings were not good for me because they bunched up where my leg bent and "cut" into the veins there and it hurt MORE. Doc said that b/c of the location to not wear them on that leg. So be careful and watch how yours fit.

Have noticed that ice can help or alternating cold pack then some gentle heat while siting with legs propped up. Also seems that when my hormones are fluctuating the veins get worse!!
Am going to have them fixed in the next few weeks...hope it works. I think he's doing EVLT.
Good luck... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/20/12  6:55pm
" I agree with Cherryperry. Stripping did not work for me. Not sure whether to try laser or sclerotherapy. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web