Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Abscess Tooth
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hey All...

Good News I finally have insurance... woo hoo...

I also have an abscess tooth with no Dental.. OK I guess one good thing then one bad... Can a girl catch a break?

I'm going tomorrow to get a root canal.. 1st one so I'm scared.. This is the same tooth that seems to be my trigger.. but no disease showed up on my x-ray... I'm sure now because I have a full blown abscess on my gum.. Soo gross... Anyway.. What am I in for tomorrow?
Posted on 02/04/11, 11:12 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Trigeminal Neuralgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/04/11  3:45pm
" God bless you. You are going to need it. TN is hell on earth!!

hang in there baby!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/04/11  8:52pm
" I was in the same exact boat as you yesterday! FIrst root canal and nothing showed up on x-rays. Anyways, it was not bad at all! It didn't hurt and I felt immediate relief. The numbness and pain I've been having since I was diagnosed with TN is now gone. My dentist actually believes this was the cause of all my problems. The tooth I had the root canal on was also my trigger point. I feel like a new person since I had it done.
Good luck. I'm sure you will feel so much better after you get it done. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/04/11  10:54pm
" Thank you Beth.... I hate the pain... I'm scared but ready for relief "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/05/11  9:47am
" BostenTN glad you got insurance its priceless for many....Hope the trip to the dentist goes well..My husband got his MRI yesteday and now we go back for some tests then going to do MVD I pray that he comes back to me...These meds are so strong he can't remember much of anything it so darn scary. Question to all he is on Tegretol was anyone on that and had a MVD and your memory improved when you were wean off of on lower dose...or off complete? Thanks "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/05/11  10:15am
" Bosten,

Be carefull; make the dentist prove to you it's an abcessed tooth cause I have spent a fortune on x-rays only to find it was the TN causing my pain. It's a very normal pain sensation for TN. All your pain logicly points to a bad tooth which is a "No Brainer" for the dentest.. Fortuneately I had an honest one.

Many dentistets wouldn't say anything if it wasn't a bad tooth once in there. They wouldn't wish to be held responsable for unnessessary work done. All the evendence is gone after a root cannal, that is if there was an absess in the first place......they don't know about TN. They would say that insurence is paying for it anyway.

I wait a few days and the pain meraculously fades. Those are my symtoms though, you may have a bad tooth.
Don't be taken advantage of. A root cannal is' gravey' money to a dentest.
Mike "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/05/11  10:20am
" Oh,
forgot to say that the pain comes back when the flare returns. It even can feel like it's in the same tooth. I know- it happened to me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/05/11  12:01pm
" Hey all,

Thanks for your support... I had the root canal today... it wasn't so bad.. Mike... thank you for the warning... I started with the dentist when this began... and he diagnosed my TN.. I had an abscess no doubt... it was gross... it was a large bubble on my gum.. My dentist drained the infection... put me on antibiotic and also put antibiotic in each of the roots... My tooth was dead.. I wouldn't know because it was capped... the only reason I knew it was an abscess was the large mass with icky puss in it... sooo gross..

I didn't have a flare up... yet... keeping my fingers crossed... Karen "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web