Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Swimming
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was wondering if anyone had a problem when swimming with their tinnitus? I thought since summer is coming that I might ask if any problems occur before I subject myself and find out the hard way.
Posted on 05/27/08, 06:27 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Tinnitus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/27/08  11:17pm
" Simple answer - No Problem for me swimming. Swimming does not help or hurt my particular brand of T. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/28/08  4:25pm
" i wear swim moulds to keep the water out "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/23/08  4:39pm
" I recently went swimming and it has got worse - is this likely to subside ? I will check with my Dr. but I'm a little worried - it seems to be something people have heard of - what gives ? excuse my ignorance - thanks.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/23/08  5:21pm
" Grans, question... Were you in deep water and under pressure, or in a shallow pool?

My dad has had T for 36 years, went water skiing, swimming, etc. and has never had a problem. Me on the other hand? I have yet to put my head under water since this all began in March. A shower, yes, but not swimming. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/24/08  12:56pm
" no problem with swimming for me,Scuba diving is different however... with depths comes pressure on the ears, not to mention, its very quiet down under, which I tend to here the T more.I have not been on a dive since I was "officially diagnosed". Yet another thing this crap has taken... Peace and quiet too ya amigo! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/24/08  1:42pm
" I was told by my ENT doctor not to get water in my ears. When I have a shower I aways use those swim moulds too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/24/08  2:51pm
" Rosssu - the water was only swimming pool about 12ft deep - didnt spend much time at the bottom either...first I got water in my ear which seemed to stay there for a few days and then my tinitus got louder. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/24/08  3:16pm
" Grans, it's very unfortunate that this happened to you, personally I think it sucks. This T beast seems to do what it wants whenever the heck it wants to and there is nothing we can do (or can't do) about it. I have yet to put my head under water since my T inception (no on purpose though), but I am not about to let it take away the things I like to do in life either. I mean, I live a block from the ocean after all! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/24/08  11:07pm
" I'm fine with swimming, but wear a bathing cap and don't go under water. After swimming, I make sure to put a few drops of alcohol in the ears and any excess water drains out easily. T doesn't seem any worse and of course any kind of exercise usually helps overall. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/05/11  1:31am
" I love swimming. I don't get any problem regarding my swimming, right now, I am engaged in a swim workout program and I am enjoying it. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web