Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Hearing Aid Noise Maskers
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone tried a hearing aid type device that serves as a noise masker? My hearing is fine but my tinnitus has gone up in volume from a #1 or #2 to about a #5 in volume over the past two months. I was exposed to loud music without ear plugs two months ago. I've had a mild tinnitus for about 25 years and never considered it a serious problem until now.
THANK YOU
Posted on 05/04/07, 04:27 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Tinnitus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/04/07  5:39pm
" the V.A. tyed 2 hearin aids on me-made the ringin worse.....then they tyed 2 in the ear maskers-they told me to turn them up above the ringin-i put them up all the way & i still could hear the ringin in my left ear...i took home only the r.ear masker[still use it some,when the ringin gets above 130 D's]wore it all day for yrs-it retrained me alitte so i could bare the "T"....i have tyed everything & the masker[& a sound mach.]are the only things that have worked for me[now i m broke-lol]... the masker has 2 kinds of white noise[the kind of noise that if u hear that & don't have "T" they put u away]thats how bad "t" is,but third on the list of the worse things to have[& still be alive]after chronic pain & vertigo.............but a masker only wks in about 16% of all cases[hope u r 1 of the few!]it's just another noise,but it's better then"T" sounds!and by the way i can still hear the "T" under a blastin shower,lawn mower,chain saw,etc-etc.......................oh-i do cry out to Jesus alot!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/06/07  10:19pm
" mrocky5
What is the sound machine you mentioned and how do you measure the level of your T? I'm new to this raging tinnitus and....oh-i am crying out to Jesus alot!!! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web