Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Feeling low today
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I posted this over on tinnitus talk as well, but was wondering if anyone here also had any general advice/ advice about medication.

I had a really good night with it last night. The loud high pitch ringing I hear in my right ear wasn't there, the constant hissing underneath that was though. I turned my fan off to sleep for the first time in two months, and I really thought it might be getting better.

However as soon as I was up and about the ringing came back. I was doing a lot better and now feel like how I did at the start.

I am meant to be in cornwall at the moment with my mum and best friend, but I am currently doing hyperbaric oxygen treatment and I wanted to keep it up, so I'm going down late on Wednesday instead. It's probably just because I have been on my own for the past three days and am feeling really lonely when I should have been there. I hate that this has stpped me doing things, still only 22 and should be enjoying myself. Was meant to be my year this year, should have moved in with my boyfriend a few months ago and that didnt happen either, can't help feeling like this has robbed me of everything good that was meant to be happening in my life and now instead of those things I have tinnitus... great swap.

Just feel so down about everything again. Wish there was something we could all do about it, sick to death of crying all the time and thinking of what my life should be like now compared to how it is.

Sorry for the rant, feeling sorry for myself. Hope your all feeling a bit better than me today.

I'm considering going to the gp for anti depressants/ anxiety drugs, but I'm worried about them being addictive and coming off of them. Any advice would be good.
Posted on 09/10/12, 02:15 pm
14 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Tinnitus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/10/12  5:19pm
" DO WHAT EVER YOU FEEL WILL HELP YOU MAYBE THE PILLS WILL I TAKE XANX FOR MY BAD DAYS, IT DOES COME AND GO AS YOU HAVE FOUND OUT ,WE JUST HAVE TO ENJOY OUR GOOD DAYS, I AM HOPING YOU HAVE MORE GOOD THEN BAD ,HUGS SQUARLEY "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/10/12  6:08pm
" Hang in there Shell, I too am trying to grasp my condition My "T" started August 1, 2012 and my audiogram results indicate I have High frequency hearing loss at 45 y.o.... Hugs to you... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/10/12  10:58pm
" We all have days when we have a pity party for ourselves. Thats ok! I've had severe t for nearly 5 years now & still have those days. The good thing is they are few & far between now. It takes awhile to adjust to, give yourself time. It might be worth seeing your doc for some meds "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/11/12  3:00pm
" I agree with Ricepaper--I've had T for two years and still get low days sometimes. Not as many as when I first got it (the first year was the worst), but they still happen sometimes. Yes, talk to your doc about meds to help calm you...T is a very stressful condition, esp at first. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/11/12  3:45pm
" Thanks everone, I managed to keep it together today, but now I'm sat here crying again. I feel like my 3 relationship is about to fall apart and theres nothing I can do about it, like theres nothing I can do about this tinnitus :(.
I was meant to be living with him now and instead everything has completly fallen apart. I just feel so sad, can't bear the thought of having to go through a break up as well because of this. Hes the only support system I have and I don't know how I will cope without him, and I'm only losing him because of this.. it's all just such a vicious circle. I don't know how I'm going to go back to uni in a few weeks and hear about how amazing everyones summer was, and all I have done is sat at home and cried.

I hate this so much, I hate what it has done to me/my life. I wish for it to get better for everyone. My mum keeps telling me to stay positive, but with everything I have been through in the last 4 months (tinnitus is just a horrible cherry on the cake, I think it's probably stress induced) it's really hard to see any positives or any light at the end of the tunnel. :(

I might try hypnosis to help me cope I don't really want to rely on meds, my mum and brother are on them and I always wanted to not need them but I just feel so broken.
More than anything I hate that I have done this to my mum, she has been through enough and I have always tried to be the rock.. now I'm completly falling to pieces. I want to move far far away and just never come back. I just never realised how easy it is for someones live to change so quickly and harshly for the worst.. can't help thinking of what should be..

Sorry another depressing message.
My good ear now has a constant tone in it aswell which has cropped up in the past few days, and I just feel thrown back to where I was when I was maybe just starting to make some progress.

There needs to be a cure for this and fast.

Thanks for everyones replys to does mean a lot. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/11/12  4:50pm
" I'm sorry Shell. It is NOT an easy condition to live with and when you have a lot going on in your life our constant companion is not appreciated, it's HATED. You probably should go to your doctor and get something to help you through these tough first months. Some anti-depressants help T I've read. In the beginning I used to take xanax when I was at my wits end. Now I still get very depressed about tinnitus but the anxiety has passed....I guess that's progress;) Hang in there.
Sue "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/11/12  4:57pm
" Sue you're right that is progress :). If I can shift this anxiety then I think I will be ok. It's more anxiety about my boyfriend leaving than anything else, and I hate that one person and a bit of noise can make me feel this way :(

I just read your post that you were having a low T day. I hope it still is!? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/11/12  5:09pm
" shell259, Sent you a pm. Please check it out. John "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/21/12  11:31pm
" Hello Shell, I have managed to reduce my HATED tinnitus by cutting off (not reducing) a lot of different kinds of foods. It is by trial and error, constantly learning about how my body reacts to different foods over a long period of time and coming up with a list. This is part of my personal list (it works for me): Salt, MSG, artificial sugar, all types of alcohol, all drinks with caffeine, all wheat products, beef and coca cola. Basically, my diet is worse than a monk - but it works for me. And oh yeah, do avoid too much stress if possible, hope it helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/22/12  9:46am
" Shell stop right now. Stress anxiety lack of sleep all make it so much worse . Don't feel sorry for yourself. Everyone is different. Our brains are sooo powerful and can habituate the sound. If you keep perceiving it as a threat it will be like a rattle snake around your ankle. Once you learn to stop focusing on it your brain will habituate it. My friends father had T and it went away all on its own . I have it and reacted just like you and it made it so much worse. I passed up a promotion because of it . Now Im calm and deal with bad days with white noise or music with the knowledge that it does get better when your spirit is up . This group helps a lot too. Drugs are a last resort. I bought the nutrabullet juicer and make veggie fruit smoothies that make me feel good . Keep talking it out don't go to that dark place. It is a minor setback Dont give it power to be major. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web