How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Do you find your tinnitus is affected by weather?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
You know, I've had about every test there is known to find out if there is any cause to my tinnitus. So far, zilch, nada, nothing. But one interesting fact is that this past Saturday it was cloudy and rainy and my tinnitus was loud as well as sound sensitivity, then yesterday it was about 50 degrees here in the Midwest and sunny and my tinnitus was low, sound sensitivity was low, felt pretty good. Then today its cloudy again and quite a bit colder and my tinnitus is louder and the sound sensitivity is there. Does this mean I need to move to a climate that is always sunny and warm? LOL! I think I could handle that if that were the case. But really, this is the only true pattern I see to my tinnitus at times. Anyone else? Judy
Posted on 02/06/12, 12:02 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Tinnitus. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/06/12  12:21pm
" I am in California. My Tinnitus is like a Roller Coaster ride "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/06/12  12:53pm
" Hmmm...dgn58...good point. My Vitamin D levels plummeted up here in the Midwest. Low Vitamin D can cause depression. On sunny warmer days I do feel better even if my ears ring. So guess it couldnt hurt to move to a sunnier warmer climate. Rather be back in Florida where we lived near the beach with ringing ears than in the Midwest with cloudier less sunshiny and colder days. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/06/12  12:56pm
" I don't know, I have had a spike for 5 days now and the weather has warmed up during this, and no difference for me. I think my allergies are affecting my ears and sinuses. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/06/12  4:18pm
" Kasandra...antihistamines in your case for your bad allergies is understandable but they can also kind of dry up the mucus and clog your tubes as well. Do you use any kind of steroid nasal spray such as Nasonex? It helps keep inflammation down and keeps thing draining or tried Mucinex which is a natural product my doctor recommends for draining the sinuses. Have you been tested for allergies by an allergist and considered allergy shots, that is if you dont do that already. Sorry for the spikes you are having. Hugs, Judy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/06/12  5:38pm
" No weather connection ever noticed here although I have tried. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/07/12  12:53am
" ...having too much fun responding to posts tonight...
so I'll stop here (just kidding)

Don't know where I heard this but I remember it always, "one with good perspective feels bad about themselves but feels good about it"
...something like that...

Bad weather means good weather is on the way (good weather means bad weather is on the way) so don't get too high or too low as any good coach has ever said, only know that "We don't really know" (the hint of really knowing keeps us going and let's us remain self deprecating at the same time).

For those who know this verse..."We see through a mirror dimly..."

Weather affects my t as much as the tides. I live inland with a vacation mobile home near the beach. All the same and no difference. The only correlation I can see is that depression is more prevalent in winter...?

Perservere "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/07/12  7:24am
" Judy, I've tracked weather (barometer, precipitation etc) to see if I could find a connection to my T and there isn't one. I too live in the mid-west. Last month I went to Lake Tahoe where my T was very low for the first three days so I though,t yipee I have to move here so I have low T....only to find it was as loud as ever the 4th day. While I flew out there my T apparently took a bus;)
Sue "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/07/12  10:32am
" Sue,
I couldnt help but laugh at your sense of humor that when you flew out there apparently your tinnitus took a bus. That's one bus I would hope would keep on going and never catch up to you :) Thanks for the chuckle! Judy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/07/12  4:13pm
" :)

Sue "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/07/12  7:10pm
" Maybe tinnitus is like a balancing act where we keep going from one side to another with silence only the middle zone... so when we changed weather, we'll be good but then go whoopps.. over to the 'other side'... (not ear side, but figurateively speaking like tinnitus is a balance that we just can't seem to get equal)

? "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web