Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Syrinxes and Heart Problems?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hey guys.

I was just wondering, is it possible for a syrinx to cause any kind of heart issue? Some days I'll just feel a random tightness in my chest and my heart rate gets up to 130+ bpm. I do have occasional panic attacks but these will happen when I'm not the least bit stressed out. I also have iron deficiency anemia but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. The doc thought it was inflammation but the meds didn't do anything at all. I'm currently waiting on a cardiology appointment but it'll be a while away so I just wanted to check and see if anyone else has ever had any similar symptoms.

Hope everyone is having a semi-pain-free day. May your week be filled with happiness and good news from doctors. :)
~Much love, Em
Posted on 09/11/12, 12:53 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Syringomyelia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/13/12  10:06pm
" I have a leaky valve in my heart and thickening somewhere but none of my doctors have ever said that any of my heart conditions had anything to do with the syringomyelia or the transverse mylitis "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/17/12  12:04am
" I've been going through some hard stuff lately and going back through my medical records and every time I went to the er it was because of a "headache" It was way more than a headache, but my bp and hr were through the roof. No more stress than normal. I too am anemic and I have a mitrol valve prolapse. I'm on one med and it's not much of anything, norco 7.5. I stopped everything else cause I hated the way it made me feel so it's not meds. I too am going to see a cardiologist here soon. I read on one of other support group walls about ICP, inter cranial pressure. I looked it up and there were a lot of my symptoms when I end up in the er. However, today I started getting one of my headaches and the pressure on my brain was starting to build. I took my bp and it was 174/97 hr was 102. I took 800mg of Motrin to stop the inflammation and put ice packs on my neck and my forehead and in about 45 min, my headache was gone. However, I still have yet to decide if my bp and hr are high because of the pain or the bp and hr are causing the pain. I just hate the waiting. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/17/12  12:05am
" I've been going through some hard stuff lately and going back through my medical records and every time I went to the er it was because of a "headache" It was way more than a headache, but my bp and hr were through the roof. No more stress than normal. I too am anemic and I have a mitrol valve prolapse. I'm on one med and it's not much of anything, norco 7.5. I stopped everything else cause I hated the way it made me feel so it's not meds. I too am going to see a cardiologist here soon. I read on one of other support group walls about ICP, inter cranial pressure. I looked it up and there were a lot of my symptoms when I end up in the er. However, today I started getting one of my headaches and the pressure on my brain was starting to build. I took my bp and it was 174/97 hr was 102. I took 800mg of Motrin to stop the inflammation and put ice packs on my neck and my forehead and in about 45 min, my headache was gone. However, I still have yet to decide if my bp and hr are high because of the pain or the bp and hr are causing the pain. I just hate the waiting. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/17/12  12:06am
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/17/12  12:07am
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/17/12  12:08am
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/17/12  12:10am
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/17/12  12:10am
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/17/12  12:11am
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/17/12  12:11am

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web