Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
How stress is killing me
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have been under such constant stress I am having what feel like anxiety attacks, trouble breathing, trouble sleeping, back pain attacks that I think are related, even trouble swallowing.I got really sick recently w kidney infection, cold & the runs that lasted 8 days. They had to fluid bolus me in the ER.I had 2 major operations last year 1 after the other then got a ulcer,then my husband was dx with cancer & we found he needed chemo. It has literally killing me watching him go through this. Then I get sick & cant work & we are having trouble paying our bills & I am beating myself over it.Please if anyone has any suggestions for coping better any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted on 02/25/09, 02:41 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Stress Management. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/25/09  11:12pm
" To be honest, Unless you can learn to control your anxiety and stress, which is sounds like you can't; then therapy is the only other option I know of.

I managed to learn to control my anxiety for years, until chronic pain hit me, stess and lots of other stuff and I just couldn't take it anymore. I had a nervous breakdown.

Dont' let it get you to this point. Talk to your dr. and consider a therapist.

Big Hugs,
~dixie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/03/09  8:03am
" When you are overwelmed like this (your story is a bit like mine)the best bet is to talk to your primary dr. first. Mine put me on anti-anxiety medicine and an antidepressant-starting with a low dose. I tried 3 different a.d. until I found one that matched me-Zoloft. My a.a. med is lorazepam. The lorazepam helps me sleep. The Zoloft helps take the edge off anxiety during the day. You can use lorazepam during the day for anxiety attacks. Lorazepam and all the "pams" are addicting, so be careful to use the lowest dose tolerable for the shortest time you can. I've been on them 8 months and am trying to wean off now. I have not tried therapy. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/09/09  10:52am
" The best thing for me to deal with stress is exercise and/or meditation. If possible it will help you tremendously if you can make the time. Takes a while to get in the habit but worth it.

Also try eating lots of vegetables and less animal based products. I've found this gives me a huge boost in mood and energy. Obviously this will not stop those things but it will definitely help. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/09/09  2:14pm
" Thanks. I have actually been eating a lot healtier& today I go back on treadmill today. I used to run before I got sick & while it was hard to get on I felt so good after!. I have been taking my vitamins every day & will be registering for a self hypnosis class for stress & another class for help w? sleeping. I am now more aware of how my body is reacting to stress & taking a few deep breaths I find this really helps.I am also wxploring more natural ways to sleep since I cant sleep without valium & am already taking lexapro for the depression caused dealing with everything. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/09/09  3:27pm
" for sleep there is also different things like valerian root or melatonin (natural hormone involved in the sleep cycle). "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/09/09  3:30pm
" also valerian root may be good for anxiety also granted not nearly as potent as prescription stuff "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/11/09  11:24am
" Picked up Sleep M.D. It has valerian & melatonin, Passion flower. I am hoping That will help since I have severe insomnia. Right now I am taking valium @ noc but I dont want to stay on it too much longer. I also will be taking a class in self meditation for stress. Since the stress isnt going to go away I will have to learn to deal with it better. What really helps is getting a good nights sleep & being aware of the stress & just taking a FEW DEEP BREATHS REALLY HELPS. Thanks, Laura "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/12/09  1:38pm
" Have you tried Yoga relaxation and breathing exercises? "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web