Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
CPAP mask bubbling water
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I've been using my CPAP since spring and in the past few days it's been bubbling right where the tube meets the nose pillows. Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know how to fix it? It happens whenever I breathe out, kind of like pushing air through a straw while it's in liquid.
Posted on 12/18/11, 10:24 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Sleep Apnea. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/19/11  10:06pm
" Santa,

how hight do you have ur humidifier set? I don't use nasal pillows, but if your humidifier is high, it might cause this. If not....check with equipment tech...they should know the answer "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/19/11  10:24pm
" Lots of CPAP users say that keeping the hose above their heads helps, however, I've found that keeping my head just a little higher than my machine and letting the hose hang so that most of it is also below the level of my head stops moisture build up "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/21/11  11:36pm
" Colder weather seems to bring this on for me. Try wrapping your hose or tucking it in the blankets and it seems to help a little with the extra moisture. I was also advised not to put the machine on a hard cold surface (tile, hard wood floor etc). Keep your machine below your head level as well. They make hose sleeves and also heated hoses that you might want to look into. I am using a heated hose now and I love it. I no longer have the condensation and gurggling issue I think you are referring to. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/23/11  4:21am
" Thanks, everyone. I've combined everyone's advice together and it seems to be working. I turned down the humidifier and am draping the hose over the headboard. I moved a couple months ago to warmer climate but a colder house, so I guess it makes sense that the machine would need a bit of adjustments! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/25/11  2:00am
" could be rainout, try raising level of CPAP "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web