Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Probiotics
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I know that many of you use probiotics to help regulate your digestion, I have just started taking them myself and have a question. This is pretty embarrassing but has anyone else experienced gas since using them. Can this be a side effect ? I haven't changed anything else so I thought maybe this could be the cause.
Posted on 05/06/10, 08:22 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Sjogren's Syndrome. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/07/10  7:52am
" Probiotics are actually bacteria that are helpful. They help in digestion by breaking down body wastes. One of the biproducts of this is gas, so it is possible for you to have an increase in gas to begin with, but it may decrease as your body becomes used to the process.
Are you getting yours by eating yogurt? If you haven't been eating or drinking dairy products before this, you may not tolerate dairy very well. There are different sources of the probiotics, so dairy isn't the only way to go.
Hope you start feeling better soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/08/10  8:50am
" UM, yep.....and no it doesn't subside over time. My dog runs away from me. :-) A lot of it is the food you eat high gas foods are brutal- like chilli...fan the sheets.

Yeah you can start taking them every other day it does help , for me anyway , they still work just fine. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/14/10  11:23am
" Tom. lol (fan the sheets) lol I haven't had any problems with the probiotic and gas. I just started taking them again after taking a course of antibiotics for bronchitis. Still laughing at Tom and hoping that gas never enters the picture on my end. (No pun intended). Good to be back after being gone for a while. Took a break to have some fun. Hope everyone is doing ok. Hugs, Kristy "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web