Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with red and painful bumps in your arm pits or anywhere else on your body.
For years, I get these red painful bumps in my arm pits, groin, sometimes on my belly and sometimes on my breasts. They hurt really bad and will break open and drain either pus or blood and the drainage smells really foul.
I mentioned it to my doc and he said I have hidradenitis suppurative and may be seen more often in people with SJS because the apocrine glands start to malfunction due to the autoimmune systems attack on them.
I was just wondering!
Thanks
Posted on 01/29/11, 06:01 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Sjogren's Syndrome. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/01/11  1:29pm
" I used to get something similar all the time when I was a kid, but back then they called them boils. I always got them on my rear end. I always remember lying over my grandmother's lap and she would put hot compresses on them and then this brown salve that was supposed to draw pus, blood, etc. out of them. I have only had one in my groin as an adult and you are so right they are extremely painful. You might want to ask a pharmacist if there is anything that might bring the gook to the surface quicker and use hot compresses on them. That helps bring it to the surface also. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/01/11  1:48pm
" Me again,

Here is some info on it and they do use the term boils so I think it is one in the same. Hope this helps you a little.

http://www.skincell.org/hidradeniti... "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web