How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Flu shots, are they ok fof sjs patients?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I will be around grade school children as I help out at a school once a week. Do you think it is
safe for those of us that have Sjogren's Syndrome to receive a flu shot? thanks!!
Posted on 10/06/10, 11:35 am
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Sjogren's Syndrome. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/06/10  2:05pm
" I have Sjogren's and get my flu shot every year. I have yet to get any problems from it that I know of. If you have no other AI's I highly recommend it as the flu could be much worse for people like us. If unsure talk to your doctor about it. Good luck... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/06/10  7:28pm
" Anyone who is immune comprimised It is recomended that you get the flu shot, h1n1 and pneumonia shots unless you are allergic to eggs. Your doctor knows your case best so always check with tour care provider. There is info on the CDC website and the other autoimmune related sites.
-Well Wishes "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/07/10  7:22am
" Thank you so much for your quick reply!! You folks have been my saving grace thru this journey that I never expected to take.
:) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/07/10  8:43am
" I just got mine this week at my rheumatologist's office. He said definitely get one, but people on certain medicines should not take them. I think he mentioned Methotrexate, among others. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/07/10  8:46am
" i get mine every year with no problems. hugs Marilyn "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/07/10  9:12am
" In my area, the regular flu shot also has the H1N1 in it. The "official" word from the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation is check with your doctor first. If you have had a prior reaction to swine flu vaccine, the CDC (Center for Disease Control) advises not to have the H1N1 vaccine. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/08/10  10:42pm
" I get mine every year! Its definetly recommended for sjs pts! Good luck :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/09/10  1:14pm
" Hi slees. I get a flu shot every year. I just got one this year, two days ago and I'm doing OK. I would especially want to do it if I were in a profession like you, around children alot.

Have a nice day. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/10/10  9:12am

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web