Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Very shy.
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I'm very shy and very quiet. People automatically assume that im "stuck up" or "rude" which is not the case at all. I spend a majority of my time alone or with family but Im not a social person, and I dont like to be around large crowds of people. Just wondering, is anyone else out there the same way? Or do i have a bad case of shyness that I need to get over?
Posted on 02/15/12, 05:50 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Shyness. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/15/12  7:17pm
" no i am almost the same way i don't like being around a no more than 4 people at a time unless its family. unfortunately my curse and my blessing is that i am a very intimidating guy and for people that judge people based on there looks. i am rarely ever bothered and on the other hand those people make up stories i never once been to jail but if you go to my old work place i escaped from it and i on the run from the police "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/16/12  12:40am
" You are not alone! I am the same way, very quiet and I don't like being around a lot of people. I spend most of my time at home or with my family also. It's okay to be quiet and reserved but I am learning how to open up more to people, even though it is not easy. I have to force myself to talk and become more friendly. I know it sounds odd, but it works. I want to have more friends, and build better relationships with people. yes shyness can be very annoying and it seems like u will never get over it, but I think it just takes practice, and learning to just love who you are, and accept yourself and other people will accept you too. You are a beautiful girl, and I'm sure u have a great personality. So just open up a little more, although it may be the hardest thing ever, if you just try I'm sure u will have a great outcome. Wish u all the best :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/08/12  9:16am
" Find the world you want to live in and do the things you love to do. My shyness can go when I'm involved with what I love doing. I don't do well in situations with alot of people, my brain literally just doesn't have the capacity. I don't think we need to change so much as search out were we fit. For me, finding people that communicate at the same pace as me incredible. I'm weirdly smart but very slow to and have kind of a bad memory. Search and search and search for where you fit and are happy socially if you can. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/11/12  8:26pm
" I think some people just prefer to be alone. I'm kind of like that, but I also like being around people also. I can be very shy, but also very out going. It all depends on the circumstances, the kind of surroundings I'm in. If I'm with people I'm really good friends with, I'll act any which way, doesn't matter if I'm in public lol But if I'm by myself in a crowd or anywhere else with people I don't know, I just can't bring myself to socialize. It's gonna be a problem for me at college. We're just like you, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't work on it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/13/12  3:11pm
" i tend to be that way too! especially when i meet new people i get really shy and people think im being rude but im not. They just don't understand. :( "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web