Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
apple cider vinegar cures shingles
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have had shingles and I refused the conventional treatment and I search the internet for an alternate cure..I finally found one that worked and was inexpensive..I mixed up about 1/4 cup of organic unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with about 1 cup of water and put it into a spray bottle. I sprayed the affected area about 5 times a day....The pain of the shingles disappeared in about 3 mins...I treated myself with this spray of apple cider vinegar for about 2 weeks. I have not had any futher out breaks and that was just over 2 years ago.
Here is a link that talks of other apple cider application for shingles.
http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/sh...
Posted on 04/11/08, 10:15 am
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Shingles. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/13/08  5:07pm
" Since I have Shingles on my head and neck, I will try a rinse! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/13/08  5:24pm
" That does not equal a "cure" as you claim it to be. It is a treatment for relief of the skin lesions. Shingles goes much deeper than that. It affects the internal tissues, the tissue of the peripheral nerves that come off your spinal cord and extend to your extremities. The skin lesions are just a small part of it and they will resolve spontaneously within 7-10 days. But the deep nerve root pain can go on for months or years. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/15/08  9:50am
" There is no cure for shingles. So if anyone tries to sell you a "cure" run the other way. What you describe is a treatment to relieve the itching of the skin lesions. That is not the same as a cure. It is unfortunate you were told it is a "cure." Shingles is due to a virus in your body that is in the peripheral nervous system and got there from having chicken pox. It cannot be eradicated by cider vinegar. Once you have it, it is permanent. The skin lesions are just one part of the clinical picture. I was diagnosed in Dec. 06 and still have post-herpetic neuralgia. I did use remedies such as calamine lotion for the skin lesions and also an anti-viral drug, Famvir, to ameliorate the effects of the virus, but believe me, it is still in my body. The skin lesions resolve with or without treatment in 7-10 days, so if the cider vinegar helped, that is a good thing. I remember my mother putting vinegar on insect bites to relieve the itching, so it is an old remedy. I prefer calamine lotion. Each according to his taste, I suppose. But the cider vinegar does not cure shingles. It just alleviates itching. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/18/10  9:49pm
" A lot of people have itching from having had shingles, so the vinegar treatment may not cure shingles, but it is still a very good remedy for the itching. Itching was driving me up the wall and no sleep at night. Vinegar saved the day. The price can't be beat either. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/02/10  9:24am
" Great info. My ear is red and hot, and itchy all the time...Im gonna give the vinnegar a try.
I have just been drinking it. but yes a rinse might be good. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/22/11  9:47am
" I have not tried this, but here's another link:
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/03/11  10:05am
" I did a lot of experimenting to find something good to reduce shin itch. Check out this thread from the past.

http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Shin... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/10/12  2:03am
" In general, skin should be acid. Soap makes skin alkaline, so a bit of vinegar in the rinsing water is good. a Ph of about 4 on the skin is about right. (Not only for shingles - everybody) For shingles, pat dry, don't scour your skin "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web