Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Extreme Fatigue...
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello, I came here seeking help and support...

I'm 36 and was diagnosed with shingles one week ago today...antiviral meds seem to be clearing up the rash and pain has pretty much gone away.

My main concern right now is extreme fatigue and exhaustion. I feel great one day, then the next my entire body aches and I have zero energy.

Just wondering if the fatigue I am experiencing is typical to shingles?

Thanks!
Posted on 05/10/11, 08:13 pm
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Shingles. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/11/11  11:19am
" yes i was exhausted!! so get plenty of rest so your body can recovery quicker. i also started taking vitamins to help it along.
google, life extension shingles and phn... there is some good information of how to support your system through this virus you are fighting and maybe even help prevent another out break. blessings for speedy recovery for you
jady "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/11/11  3:41pm
" I would agree with jady. I am close to 7 weeks in from the outbreak of shingles and am just now beginning to feel better. Fatigue and depression went hand in hand for me. I may have felt like doing something for a couple of hours, then hit the skids. Back to the bed for some rest. I think that shingles deprives one of good sleep as well. I have finally started sleeping through the night. Was very restless before. I am still on Lyrica but no longer on Norco. Both were important. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I see that some take a long time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/11/11  5:08pm
" Thank you both for your replies. Today was one of those days...I slept most of it, too fatigued to do much else.

Jady, thanks for the information, I will definitely look into that. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/11/11  8:04pm
" I have felt extreme fatigue for a week.I am now starting to break out with the shingles. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/12/11  12:17pm
" Definate fatigue!!! I wouldn't try and fight it, just rest when ur body tells u too! I'm 35 and was shocked to see the fatigue that I had all of a sudden! Any normal chore seemed overwhelming and exhausting! Not even raising 4 kids was THAT tiring! I hope u r in a position to be able to rest as much as u can! And I hope everything clears up quickly so u can return to your normal life!! This support group is awesome for first hand experience on anything u may be feeling! It's really nice to speak to people that have gone through or is going going through this virus! Keep ur chin up and try to stay positive! Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/12/11  5:44pm
" good advice jennjang "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web