Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Relationship issues after being abused
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was sexually abused as a child a couple times by my grandfather. I felt abandoned by my real father and I was date raped by the man that took my virginity.
After those things happen I feel like I can't trust men. I don't want to. I feel like I'm too smart to let my guard down and be responsible for something else happening. I just don't see the point in relationships anymore. My parents were married for 20 years. My mother was so in love with my father even though I watched him beat her several times. My father left my family and started a new family with the women he was cheating on my mother with. He broke her. Growing up I had to be there to pick up the pieces after he crushed her. It wasn't fair to me as a child.
Being sexually abused by men through out my life has made me look at men and dating differently. For some reason I feel like I'm not worthy of a good man. I'm attracted to drug dealers and guys I know aren't "the relationship type." At least I know what I'm getting with them. I'm not ugly so all types of men are attracted to me, including a lot of "good" guys. Every now and then it depresses me when I have to be rude and turn them down. I make up excuses but the truth is I don't know why I'm so scared to be with a guy thats actually good for me. It makes me sick to know that I'm truly sabatoging myself from a potentionally good relationship.
I feel like I'm just not one of "those girls" that are meant to be with a "good guy." A happy family isn't for me and at times it hurts when I think about this. I used to want to find love, get married and have a nice family but for some reason I feel like I'm not worthy of that. I feel like I'm not meant to be with somebody.
I don't know how to change my negative thinking. I feel so strongly about not being able to have that kind of life, a good life. I'm not sure exactly why I'm feeling so unworthy. I was the victim of sexual abuse and growing up fatherless, I'm not the person that's hurt others, so why am I feeling unworthy of happiness?
Posted on 08/17/11, 07:05 pm
1 Reply Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Sexual Abuse. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/20/11  7:09am
" It sounds like you blame yourself for what happened. Remember, you did nothing wrong. The best thing I would suggest is read about sexual abuse/child abuse and get some counselling. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web