Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Hitting myself
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
-When I get upset, angry or frustrated I will hit myself.
-Mostly punches to the forehead.
-Last night I hit myself over the head with my phone repeatedly (I wasn't fond of the conversation).
-I will even wake myself up from sleep hitting myself. Which really scares me because I don't officially wake up untill I get maybe 5 good punches.
-I have constant head aches from this but i justifly my hitting to myself as a step away from cutting, which I did in my teens.

I just wondered if there was anyone else struggling with this issue of hitting too.

I just I loose control of my actions, a switch is flipped and i just want to relate my physical state of being to my emotional state of heartache, you know?
Posted on 10/10/07, 04:19 pm
38 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Self-Injury. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/10/07  7:41pm
" I hit myself too! Once I did it so hard it actually left a hand mark on my arm :( Unfortunately, I don't know what to say... I try to be nice to myself as much as possible throughout the day... it seems to help. Smiling and laughing and being around other people helps a lot, too "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/10/07  10:19pm
" yea man i do that sometimes! i used to punch my arm or leg... i even punched myself in the face a few times to the point where i got a black eye. its sooo weird the things that you do when that switch flips in your head.

i dont really know how to stop it... i try to talk myself through it when i feel like its gonna happen. it all goes back to putting that aggression towards something else and not yourself. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/11/07  1:14am
" I used to hit myself too until I found much more damaging ways to hurt myself. I think this is common with self-injury. However, waking up to discover that you are hitting yourself is not as common and could be a sign of an REM sleep disorder (among other possibilities). I would strongly suggest you consult a psychologist or a psychiatrist about this symptom pattern. My thoughts are with you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/11/07  1:29am
" I can relate. I would smack myself with the back of a brush to my head. All I can say is surround yourself with people that you can laugh with. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/11/07  11:39am
" I hit my head too i do it repeatedly when i want to punnish my self about the abuse im dealing with,i have tried to stop but i keep doing it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/05/08  11:11pm
" I hit myself in the forehead as well. I can't help it. I get soooooo frustrated that I can't think and I just start hitting my self in the head. It had been getting worse lately and I am becoming more concerned. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/20/09  11:14am
" i hit myself just lastnite..because me & my bf got into a fight & i tried to stop myself but i really couldn't anger took over me.first i hit myself on the right side where my jaw is at about 3 times..i paused & switched to the other side...my bf was just sitting there watching me like any other person in that situation would do...finally i stopped with my face all bruised up & hurting i said "why didnt you stop me". he didnt reply..it took me about 20 mins after that episode to calm down but after that i was fine...this morning i decided to do something about it so i made an account on here in the hopes of finding some advice..i do this because i feel like i deserve it or to stop myself from hitting my bf...im only 18 & this has been going on for about a yr..i want it to stop now because im a beautiful young women & i feel like i am being selfish by doing this "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/20/09  7:20pm
" Yeah I hit myself sometimes. But I'm trying to stop. I used to hit myself a long time ago, but I never tagged it as harmful or self-injury. I then started to cut myself last october and stopped in february. Then I started to hit myself again. I started to give myself huge bruises on my arms. I found out, it can actually really damage. Its very harmful.
About the hitting when you wake up, as another said, you should tell a doctor or psychiatrist
I'm here if you ever need to talk "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 05/23/09  2:52pm
" i have a pretty big problem with this too. ive blacked out many times from hitting my head against the wall. i blacked out at my friends house after punching my face several times then banging my head into the table. idky i did it. but i woke up on the couch abt an hour later with a huge headache. its one of those things that you start with so much force that before you realize what your doing youve already done so much damage. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/26/09  7:00pm
" I hit myself as well. I am 24 years old and have done this since I was 17. I haven't hit myself for over a year until last night. I got in an argument with my fiance and started punching myself in the face. I am writing this with a black eye, bumps on my head, and my ear is swollen. I am very ashamed, I have never done it this bad. I want to stop hitting my fiance when I am mad, and I never want to do this to myself again. I need advice and support. I'm so glad I am not the only one. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web