Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
My SAD
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi I'm Silver and I just joined this group because I too have SAD. I've always struggled with it but wasn't diagnosed until a year ago.

"My SAD looks kind of like a leaf floating off of a tree branch in the middle of a snow storm. Everything is quiet until the snap and then down floats the leaf swirling back and forth until it comes to a stop but the world's still screaming. I smile because it's the first real snow storm of the year and because it makes me feel young. Only 5 mins later I feel trapped in a snow globe, the glass oily with streaks from fingers, the last few pieces of white gravel swirling to a stop. All the time I imagine it's really a magic 8 ball glittering with my emotions, "Try again later" it says, Because the sky is still cloudy and the clouds are all still grey. It's cold and I feel again like the world's gone dead."

I hope this isn't too much poetry and prose that no one gets it. In short SAD for me is always changing and the emotions I feel are guided by that.
Posted on 11/30/12, 05:31 am
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Seasonal Affective Disorder. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/30/12  12:22pm
" Hi SilverMoon,

Welcome to the group. I liked your poetic description of how SAD feels for you. I easily understood you. I especially liked the snow globe part. I have been spending some time this winter remembering what Winter was like for me when I was a child growing up in ND. Winters were no joke! All the same memories were beautiful. I recently have been able to wrap my head around the fact, that we do not have to believe every thought we think, nor feel every emotion. We can simply choose to notice and let it go. Keep posting! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/30/12  4:36pm
" Thanks Spring! That meant a lot to me. I have to agree with your searching for that importance in the color and how each experience, though different, can all still be beautiful. We don't have to be dictated by our emotions. Thank you again. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web