How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Sex with having a herington rod in your back?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am having trouble moving during and my b-friend has to do most of the work and i feel bad for not being able to do it very well.

Do you guys have this problem too? Like, how do you make love with a metal rod in your back? It stops the flexability.

And does it hurt your back after? What positions are best for scoliosis, metal rod in back? Thanks!
xoxo
Posted on 08/27/08, 05:02 pm
6 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Scoliosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/28/08  10:26am
" I will be following this line as well as sex is very important to my dh. I haven't had the sugery yet and am very nervous about it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/28/08  9:06pm
" lol I am undergoing surgery on September 12th and this hadn't really crossed my mind until reading your post. Let me know what you find out!! :-) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/29/08  8:43am
" I'm 43. Had the surgery and the rods inserted in 1981, when I was 16. Didn't start having sex until I was 18, but it was and has never been an issue for me. If you are in pain or having a problem when you do have sex, you should definately speak with your dctor. I know that it could be a little embarassing, but it is important. Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/29/08  8:16pm
" When I asked my doctor abt sex after my extensive lumbar to sacrum surgery, he said no problem unless it causes pain. Re-engaging in sex was not exactly as it was before. I found it necessary to try positions, pillows, etc. A willing partner definitely helps. Flexibility was initially a problem, but twas great motivation to exercise. It has not been possible to retain the female on top position, but other pleasureable avenues have been opened up. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/15/08  5:08pm
" Thanks to all that replied to my question, twitch I especially liked your advice about trying out positions using pillows and not doing it ontop if it causes one pain.

It's true, that an understanding partner is a must so that they don't expect you to do things that are hard for you to do.

I guess telling ourselves we are lucky we can still achieve this helps as well. I mean some people can't at all like the ones that are paralyzed from the waist down. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/15/08  6:27pm
" haha this is kinda funny but me and my bf have sex ALL the time and Im fine..and many positions..I can move and he doest have to do all the work. I had the surgery last year....when did you have yours? "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web