does scoliosis make your legs hurt?
I've been hurting when I get up.From my hip down to my feet.Is it my scoliosis or something else?I hrt when I get up in the a.m. too.It's sooo hard to walk at first.
Posted on 06/20/07, 08:25 pm
Reminder: This is a support group for Scoliosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 07/01/07  10:43am
" i don't know if it does make ur legs hurt but i think it makes u have quite bad knee pain because when i saw the school nurse she asked me if i had any pain in my knees when i sed no she said that was a good thing so i hope this has helped
much luff
lauren x "
Reply #2 - 07/01/07  12:12pm
" My whole back hurts in cluding my tailbone. Not so much my legs but they still did some manual manipultion on them when I was in therapy hope this helps. "
Reply #3 - 07/01/07  1:45pm
" Maybe you need to have an MRI done of your legs. Our son had back pain and the doctors said that scoliolsis does not have any pain associated with it. The MRI showed abnormal blood flow to the mid section of his back which is called AV malformation. This is a serious condition. Have it checked out. "
Reply #4 - 11/21/07  10:14am
" when i posted the first reply i didn't have any knee pain at all but i went to see the feeling in july and i had eally bad knee pain coz i had to stand up for llong and extreemly bad back pain x "
Reply #5 - 11/21/07  12:48pm
" Doctors always said scoliosis does not cause pain...but what do they know? they have not walked in our shoes...suggest having your doctor check it out.. "
Reply #6 - 11/21/07  3:48pm
" Scoliois can most certainly cause pain in the back and also what is called "referred pain" to other parts of the body due to the stress to the nerves along the spine. This pain can show up in the knees (this happened to me) and can also shoot down the legs. The main cause of this type of pain is the siatica nerve which is under stress if the scoliosis is a lumbar curve. You should have this pain checked out by a good scoliosis specialist. "
Reply #7 - 11/22/07  3:58am
" have you had your leg length checked? one of the signs or symptoms depending on how you look at it can be one leg shorter then the other. I have to have a lift in my left shoe. "
Reply #8 - 11/22/07  6:31am
" dont listen to doctors who have never had scoliosis, maybe small curves do not cause pain but i have 2 huge ones that cause ALOT of pain.it can make your hips and legs hurt because your pelvis gets pushed to the side as the spine curves so things are not aligned properly so sitting and walking can cause aches.And i get numbness too. "
Reply #9 - 11/24/07  11:25am
" Greetings - yes, you bet it does! - it can een cause dreadful pain in the muscles in you bum! (Didn't realise there were any until a couple of weeks ago, when this happened to me! - osteopath adjusted & am improved, but my Dr. would only give me valium as a 2nd choice (allergic to the first). JaneD. "