Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Front of my leg
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have pain running down the front of my leg, not the back. I got an MRI and the doc said the leg pain is from my back problems. Is that still Sciatica?
Posted on 05/19/08, 05:51 pm
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Sciatica. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/19/08  9:37pm
" Is the pain above the knee or below? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/19/08  10:55pm
" Above the knee "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/20/08  9:34am
" Could be...is it a stinging, burning, electric-shock, stabbing type of pain? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/24/08  1:36pm
" I get the same pain down the front, inside both legs and on the side,..its miserable ! I was recently perscribed 1600mg of ibuprophin and i ICE ICE ICE all the damn time. I know that mine is aggravated by L4 and L5 compressed on my disks, pinching the nerves, causing the sciatica. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/24/08  6:21pm
" I have L4and L5 compression too. Guess that's it! It's a shooting stabbing pain. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/25/08  11:07am
" Your pain is above the knee and infront of the leg.Problems with the L45 region causes pain below the leg and down to the feet behind the leg.It does not sound your pain is coming from that L45 issue.Your MD should not diagnose your condition solely from the MRI.He should perform a complete physical examination.If your MD is a general doctor chances are the physical examination was done poorly.Even a orthopaedic has a difficult time performing a competent physical examination.If nobody examined your hips you should have at least an X-ray of your hips done.Have them exam your sacroiliac joint.It does not sound as if your symptoms are coming from that L45 level.Before your condition is treated to resolution the true cause has to be discovered.Once your condition is defining correctly look into platelet rich plasma treatment(PRP). "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web