Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
New here, do I belong?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
hello everybody. I have PTSD and comorbid psychosis. I'm just wondering if I belong here because there are very few support groups on here for psychosis. I have persecutory delusions and hallucinations. The hallucinations usually appear during and some time after a major panic attack. And I do know the difference between a panic attack and thinking I'm losing touch and actually losing touch with reality, as they are very different. Anyway, I hope I can stay here because I need some support with this.

Thanks so much :)
Posted on 11/24/12, 10:03 am
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Schizophrenia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/24/12  10:07am
" Oh, I forgot to add I'm on Zeldox, the antipsychotic. Currently, the delusions are back and it's really only a matter of time before the hallucinations come back too. I called my pdoc yesterday but he didn't get back to me. I'll hopefully be seeing him soon to adjust my meds. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/24/12  10:47am
" We seem to collect strays here myself included.

I imagine the persecutory delusions would be related to the PTSD how much do the hallucinations relate to it? I had a quick look at your profile so no need to say more than you feel comfortable with. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/24/12  11:09am
" The hallucinations are related to whatever the stressful event was. Horror movies tend to trigger my psychosis, but they can also be triggered by a PTSD trigger, or a massive panic attack. The horror movies bring out the worst hallucinations because they're really frightening. One hallucination I have is a white car with tinted windows with people inside looking at me. It usually goes by really slowly and then speeds away when I notice them. This usually happens when my PTSD is triggered, but also happens after a movie. The worst hallucination are what I call the shadow people. They're usually a shadowy outline of a person wearing a robe or something to that effect.

I also have trouble waking up in the middle of the night and having intense hallucinations. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/24/12  11:57pm
" Hi Kyle. We have met before on the PTSD board. I spend time over here in hopes of picking up tidbits which might help me better support schizophrenic family members. Nobody has been mean or nasty to me yet.

Until we have physical tests to offer a modicum of physical proof, I will continue treating all psychiatric labels as educated guesses. This is not to defame the pros who are doing the best they can with what they have. It is only to say that I believe we cannot be proof positive what we are dealing with. I believe we need to think outside the box - like we really have a choice on that one - and trust our instincts to take us where we need to be. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/25/12  3:34pm
" hi Kyle...

welcome to this group... of course you are welcome here...

hang out get to know us...we can be fun and we can grow on you too

i love these people here with all my heart...and im sure you will too "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/25/12  4:49pm
" Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I've been on DS for almost 4 years and this forum is a lot more active than it used to be. I remember times where there wouldn't be a post or response for days.

I also have a question. Does anyone here have psychosis triggered by panic attacks? That seems to be when my episodes are most severe. Anyone else get this? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/27/12  4:15pm
" I am not sure I understand this year's clinical definition of psychosis, but I get seriously delusional when I am suffering panic attacks. I even suspect myself of hallucinations and do not trust any of my senses in panic mode. None.

I double up on meetings, etc., and put all the faith I can muster in my support network. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/28/12  3:33am
" good answer Arfie...

i have had friends go through this in front of me...

one friend went to many doctors... and they couldn't find what was wrong...
finally they diagnosed her as hypoglycemic... and she changed her eating habits and it just went away....

another was adhd... which is not even close to what you go through
but man o man what a mess... "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web