Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Makeup for Rosacea
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My Rosacea isn't too bad, however, I would like to know what the other members use in the line of makeup! I have heard alot about mineral makeup, and how this is supposed to be good for sensitive skin, and that it covers well!! Anyone have any advice or favorite products to recommend??
LOL, Kathy
Posted on 07/04/07, 07:30 pm
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Rosacea. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/21/07  12:10pm
" Hi!
I am a MK consultant, and recommend that you only use emolients... Like a Ponds cream idea... Do not use any type of scrubs or beads... This will irritate your skin. Use emolient cleansers, moisturizers for your skin type (dry, oily combo) and definately use a high spf on your skin. I use 45 and I find it keeps my rosacea at bay. The pollutants and sun can make your skin worse. You need to provide a barrier with your skin, and the elements. Any skin care regime is good, as long as you don't scrub, rub, or have any irritation. Be gentle, and lubricate your skin to creat a barrier. Even Ponds cream is awesome. Remember, NO ABRASIVES..... EVER!!! Do not try abrasives ever, because your face will swell up! foundation is also good for a barrier, but some people don't like it. I recommend using a powder foundation after you moisturize for a lighter feeling on your skin... Have a good day! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/21/07  12:12pm
" by the way, my doctor says I have rosacea, but metro gel cream didn't work for me, and I became allergic to doxycycline... I find sunscreen and emolients are my best friend... I also have Hashimoto's. I started MK for the discounts and to help other women with thier skin. I dont' want to enlist women, just empower them... :-) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/15/07  9:59am
" I use Clinigue stayfit makeup Shell color and it goes on very nicely over my sunscreen, oil free and doesn't bother my skin at all, nice coverage, I only put it on the skin that is red, very little, it then looks most natural. Good luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/09/08  11:14am
" my derm said no oil products for makup it's helped me keep flars at bay "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/28/08  12:22pm
" I am using Bare Minerals and it is the best makeup I've ever used....great coverage! I use Hope in a Jar moisturizer...the combination of these two products have completely turned my skin around and I look tremendously better. I went to a new dermatologist for another reason, and she looked at me (with makeup) and told me I didn't have rosacea...LOL....she also told me not to use the makeup I'm using....I guess the "experts" really don't know everything. I'm glad I tried the stuff I'm using now before I asked the derm about it.....Good luck to you.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/29/08  11:58pm
" I recently started using a mineral makeup and it has worked fine for me. I believe it is in the Maybelline line. I have had success with most any makeup I have used with my rosacea but I am careful to investigate the product first. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/30/08  12:11pm
" I am currently using Bare Minerals and it seems to cover the redness really well. I use Jan Martin to Moisturize and then use Bare Minerals Prime Time,Foundation and Mineral Veil. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/11/08  5:15pm
" My dermatologist said to use Neutragena makeup and it seems to work okay for me.I had someone tell me I look a lot better.It doesn't seem to irritate it any either. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/27/08  4:50pm
" I am recently diagnosed& went & bought all new make-up & it's helped. I think it's also important to replace make-up periodically because it grows bacteria after time when it comes in contact w/our skin. I bought a Neutrogena compact for sensitive skin that's awesome & then bought Physician's Formula Mineral powder (foundation just makes my skin more oily & red). Both work great & i've already been told it's looking better by co-workers. Also bought Physician's formula mineral eye make-up just to ensure i wasn't adding old bacteria back to my skin & my eyes don't itch as much as last week. I didn't realize about the facial scrubs though-that was good info from another member! I thought that would help but her suggestion makes perfect sense. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/29/08  11:31pm
" I use Loreal Mineral make up. It covers really well and is very mild. I love it. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web