Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
sweating
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
ok have to ask this..... my body seems to not be able to control its tempature. I am always sweating like my hair is getting wet. ESPECIALLY at night. my sheets are getting wet and my husband will roll over in the middle of the night and tells me my whole body is literally wet with sweat. I know this is gross but does this happen to anyone else? and why is this happening is this a sign the ra is getting worse? I would appriciate any and all thoughts.

thanks andrea
Posted on 06/17/10, 06:23 pm
17 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Rheumatoid Arthritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/17/10  6:31pm
" I was having night sweats to, I told my RA doc she said it wasn't my meds But didn't same concerned about it . So hopeful it is nothing.Talk to your doc u go on the 22 right.
Hope u feel better
Christinann "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/17/10  6:53pm
" It is one of the common problems with RA. Stinks - no pun intended. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/17/10  8:35pm
" I have the same problem...its day and night "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/17/10  8:51pm
" Andrea, Is it possible you are either pre menapausal or in menopause already. I went thru the night sweats and it had nothing to do with my RA, it was all hormonal. I also have many ffriends who expperienced the night sweats far worse than me and didn't have any auto immune diseases let alone RA. I suggest you contact your gynecologist and start there. I would be surprised if this was anything but hormonally related. BTW menapause can come at almost any age, depends on your family history. In the meantime google "chillo". It is a really neat rubber pillow that you fill with water and that keeps you cool all night. I and many friends made it thru menaause much easier with this pillow. Keep us informed what's going on. marcia "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/17/10  8:57pm
" Never had this problem until RA. Now I sweat constantly, night is bad but daytime if its above 70 is horrible. I have a fan running in my office even in the winter so I don't look like a drowned rat. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/17/10  9:55pm
" I am on the other side of menopause (hallelujah!) but recently my body has reverted to peri-menopausal thermostatic problems. Night sweats have returned. I, too, would like to know why. I just figured it had something to do with RA or some of these strange meds that we take. (With an outdoor heat index here of 101F, I know why I've been having daytime sweats!) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 06/17/10  10:56pm
" I have had this problem since just before getting RA. First my body temperature was below normal for a few years. My doc thought it was lupus. Then I got sweats badly from prednisone for asthma.

That morphed into menopause. I am post menopausal and it was really bad this winter. My doc ruled out menopausal symptoms. I started taking Manganese a few weeks ago, which is supposed to help, and surprisingly , it HAS! Not magnesium, but manganese. You might want to try it and see if it helps. I would be interested in hearing from others who have this problem, and it helps. It might be random chance, or just me, but I am so happy not to break into a sweat for no reason. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 06/18/10  1:10am
" I have this problem to, day an night. I will try the manganese and see about that pillow lol "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 06/18/10  10:22am
" Night sweats are a side effect of prednisone "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 06/18/10  10:37am
" I have this problem, too, in a big way! It's my understanding that both Prednisone and MTX can cause it, and that it can be caused by RA. I'm either freezing cold or dripping with heat and sweat. Never comfortable. Another one of those joys from RA. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web