Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Gloves for RA
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has any one tried gloves made for people with RA or Raynauds? I have been looking at them on line for a while, but hate to order them and then they don't work. I wouldn't mind spending the money if I knew they would work . I know most people are straped for money , but I am hopeing someone has tried them and likes them.
Posted on 08/21/12, 06:32 pm
32 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Rheumatoid Arthritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/21/12  8:51pm
" I never bought an y expensive ones, but my isotoners really helped put a little compression on my hands. I also occasionally used some cheap little knitted gloves (walmart, target type for $3) that gave a little compression. I think it's the compression that helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/21/12  9:42pm
" I have used some of the inexpensive gloves as well. I think they do help a bit, not a lot, but sometimes you must just take what you can get. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/21/12  10:11pm
" I'm about to buy my third pair of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Imak-Arthriti...

I'm not sure if they help the swelling much. My hands are always cold, which makes them hurt more, and these help with that. I think they're also a distraction, the compressed feeling distracts a little from the pain feeling. I rarely go without wearing them at home, even in the summer. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/22/12  9:13am
" I have these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...
I keep a pair in my school bag and a pair in my desk at home. I think they are the same ones episteme recc. This is the best price I have found them for ($28 for two pair)

I used to cut the fingertips off of the $1 gloves from Walmart/Target, but they were too warm in summer months . . .
They aren't a sure fire fix, but they help. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/22/12  9:15am
" For me the gloves hurt as I have too much swelling.
Sue "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/22/12  9:45am
" My hands have been KILLING me lately, and I've been looking for options as to what to do. Those gloves look like they might be helpful, because while I've love a pair of the heated gloves (heat would feel lovely on my hurting knuckles), I wouldn't be able to type at work with those big bulky things on, and the arthritis gloves I could wear pretty much all the time, but they'd provide support and maybe relieve a bit of the pain. I may try that. I'm going to save the link and maybe buy a pair when I get paid Friday. Thanks for the tip! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/23/12  6:38pm
" Thank you all for your help, I think I will try the gloves on the links given, hopefully they will help, Again thank you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/24/12  11:26am
" I just bought a pair (or, rather, a box with 2 pairs). When they get delivered, I'll let people know how they work and if they help my hand pain. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 08/24/12  1:38pm
" I bought a pair at a place called Advanced Medical Supplies. When I have swelling and pain I wear them and they really do help. They hold in the heat and have light compression. I highly recommend them! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 08/24/12  7:08pm
" In the craft section at Walmart they have "crafters" fingerless gloves, reasonable price & easy to wear for everyday. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web