Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
First biologic pill on it's way
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
The FDA has agreed to vote on the first biologic in pill form after studying the literature of the latest clinical trails. This is a JAX inhibitor so it goes about stopping RA a very different way than what is currently available out there.

I doubt the pills will be any less expensive than what our shots and IV's are but for the 40% of RA sufferers that aren't helped by the current biologics out there, it may be very helpful.

I had done some research on how it works but I need to go back and review it all before trying to explain it. Don't remember what the proposed name will be either.....but your rheumies will know.

They think it will hit the markets in the fall or even late summer.

Jenny
Posted on 05/10/12, 10:29 am
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Rheumatoid Arthritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/10/12  2:37pm
" Interesting. Thanks for the info. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/10/12  2:54pm
" ditto, thanks "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/10/12  4:25pm
" thanks for letting us know!
I appreciate it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/10/12  4:56pm
" Thanks for keeping us informed. I cannot wait to read your explaination of the drug. You always do a great job explaining things so we all can understand. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/10/12  6:13pm
" RA Warrior was there in Washington for this.. It is exciting news but I wonder what will be uncovered with this new drug. I heard this on the news last night.. A victory non the less.... Now if we can keep it going and I thought they said later in the year.... Have to go back on RA Warrior to re-read what it was all about. If Im not mistaken she did the trial with this med.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/10/12  6:53pm
" I saw it on the news last night..it is called Tofacitinib I am sure they will abbriviate it somehow. Hope it works for the millions of us that have r.a. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/12/12  7:45pm
" I hope the new drug is successful. The more tools in our arsenal. the better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/13/12  12:19am
" So looking forward for a success story!
xoxo MLC. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 05/13/12  5:24am
" Thanks Jenny for that update. Will speak to my Rheumatologist about it at the next visit. Thank you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 05/18/12  8:49pm
" Jenny, As always you are keeping us informed. Almost as all hope is lost; there is a new drug.

Please let us know about your research. And, of course, about all the side effects the new drug can bring.

If you respond well to the "tnf blockers"(enbrel,simponi) but can't take them because of side effects, do you think that you would respond well to the new "drug."

I hope you are doing well back on your Orencia. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web