Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
What bp meds on?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Need to increase or change my bp meds? What bp meds are you on?

Thanks for all your help.
Posted on 03/19/12, 09:25 am
14 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Rheumatoid Arthritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/19/12  9:59am
" Hey Wendy,

I'm on Toprol XL 75 mg (generic), Losartan 100 mg, and Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg each day. Prednisone has not been kind to my blood pressure and blood sugar. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/19/12  10:37am
" Thanks NC Granny, prednisone has really hurt my bp and my blood sugar. Blood sugar and triglycerides used to be about normal, now higher and weight much heavier. I am decreasing prednisone, now down to 4mg. But am having to change biologic to try Simponi because of sinus issues with enbrel. Concerned that RA will rear up before Simponi can work if it does. Just don't want to go back on prednisone again. Was on it too long. I would use it again for short term such as the 7 day dose if I had too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/19/12  8:48pm
" Wendy, I know what you mean about the pred. It has piled the weight on me. I don't even look like myself any more. Unfortunately, I have several more months ahead of me as we try to stop my Remicade skin reactions. I'm still at 17.5 mgs a day--hopefully, we will taper down a little more when I see the Duke doctor on the 29th. I want this weight off of me and I want my BP and blood sugars back where they belong. I wish there was something else they could try on me. My hands hurt so bad with this rash today and they are swollen and inflamed as ever. I pray it will be over soon.

Good luck with your BP and now that you are almost off the pred, your weight will come down, too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/19/12  9:24pm
" Hi Wendy, I am on Cozar, was on Hyzaar, but since I am on a Gluten free diet, I have been able to drop down to Cozar. I am also on Nadolol. So far so good. I was on Simponi for about nine months and t did not do me any good. Hope t works for you. Good luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/19/12  9:31pm
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/20/12  12:10am
" Tiazac, Bystolic, and Losartan....used to take two bp meds but after starting prednisone, had to add one....also NSAIDs raise my bp. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/20/12  1:18pm
" Hope I can come off prednisone. Worried about RA kicking in since been off enbrel 2/29 while taking anti-biotics, being sick.

Scheduled to see gp tomorrow and see if I have to go on different anti-biotic to get rid of UTI.

Don't want to take prednisone again if pain comes back before biologic takes effect and I don't know what else to take. Cimzia had little effect for me and I am afraid Simponi will also have little effect. When asked rheumy about remicade he said it would stay in your body for a long time and if you had reaction to it, it would last for a long time, As you well know.

If I waste three months trying to see if Simponi will work, that's three months I could have invested with Orencia.

Missouri-I don't do well on nsaids either. Can't take more than one a day for about three days. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/20/12  1:20pm
" NC Granny, I am sorry you are going through this. You are a strong lady. I would have been so frustrated. I hope you find relief soon. What have you decided to try as next biologic? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/20/12  6:03pm
" Lisinopril with HCTZ and diltiazem...no problems with any other med interacting.

Jenny "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/20/12  9:55pm
" Wendy, what biologic I go on next will depend of if the tests (whenever they decide to do them) determine if the reaction is solely from Remicade or from ANY TNF inhibitor. If it is from any TNF inhibitor, then I'm thinking Orencia. If it is just the Remicade, my rheumy has been pushing Enbrel. Personally, right now I am afraid to try any TNF inhibitor.

It is horrible when you need medications but you have so many drug allergies and reactions that you are frightened to try a new one. That's where I am now...and trust me, I am indeed frustrated. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web