Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Feel bruised, but where is it?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Do any of you ever feel as though you have a bruise, but can't actually see one? It happens so frequently to me. Right now, there is a spot on my right upper arm that is so tender to touch. Exactly like a bruise. Yet, behold, there is no discoloration at all. No visible reason for it to feel that way!

I wonder if maybe it's a bruise that is simply deeper than usual. I've had those as well, and they take a while to show. But how in the world would I have gotten it? I've been wracking my brain trying to figure it out!

(sigh) Oh well. It's just another day in the life of me.. LOL

-Tanya
Posted on 12/21/11, 08:20 am
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Rheumatoid Arthritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/21/11  9:55am
" Tanyan, I feel like I know what you are talking about. For weeks I had the "deep bruise" tender feelings in several different spots on my body. Then one day as I was in our jetted soaking tub, I realized that my painful spots were exactly where the jets were "gently" (gently, because over the months I have been turning them way down to where they are now just little bubbly things) coming in contact with my body. Crazy huh? But since I have turned the jets all of the way off the bruised feeling has gone away. Just one more thing that I have learned! lol lisa "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/21/11  10:35am
" I get that feeling, but it's always around joints. I have joints right now that don't really hurt unless I rub them and then I get that sore "bruised" sensation. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/21/11  1:04pm
" Yep. Sure do. all the time and all over.
sometimes there is a bruise, even, but most often, not.
way weird.
I do also have fibromyalgia, and have wondered if it may be that.....since all I know is dxin'g fibro involves tender spots in certain areas.......(you have to meet a quota of enough of them for Dx)

I'll try and ask my rheumie when I see him ; think in Feb.
anyone else, asked theirs?? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/21/11  1:13pm
" I think I am getting bad about double posting. I was just wanting to add, as I did a mental inventory after my first post........I think most but not all, my bruise feeling spots, are fairly close to joints.
here is my list of most common places:

upper arms --either on inner side or back side (not front)
near elbows---back, nearer to inner side
lower arms/near wrist
near ankle--(above)
near knee--usually just below inner side of knee
mid lower leg ----usually on or near the inner side of it----
upper back------near shoulder blades
middle back--either side of spine within a few inches ?
side of torso (feels like bruised ribs)
front mid torso (also feels like bruised ribs)*
neck------sides of neck
sometimes even my scalp

*I did have my ribs fractured a long time ago and know what that feels like, and it is similar.

WOW.......that is why I hate listing my aches & pains, as it feels worse when i see it written down ! Ack --! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/21/11  1:31pm
" I experience this all of the time! I look for bruises but there aren't ever any visible. Like WVMel, my tender spots are mainly near joints, however I do get them deep in my muscles as well...for example, my kids leaning on me with their elbows hurts really badly.

-Tracy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/21/11  6:27pm
" Tanya,
It does sound like Fibromyalgia. Ever been check out for that? I know....one more thing! I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2004 and it does feel like your bruised. For awhile there no one could even touch me! Your Rheumy can diagnose that. Feel better soon! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web