Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Vectra DA test
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
A friend just sent me this link. Has anyone heard about this new blood test for
RA? I'm going to ask my Rheumy about it at next visit.
Posted on 09/30/10, 10:00 am
18 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Rheumatoid Arthritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/30/10  10:02am
" ooops..here's the link.

http://www.crescendobio.com/crescen... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/30/10  11:21pm
" never heard of it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/01/10  7:16pm
" Hmmm.. I wonder if this is available in Canada. I think I'll send them an e-mail. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/01/10  8:25pm
" Bet it's really expensive and insurance companies won't pay for it(or governments).

Sounds good but at what price?

51% "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/18/11  2:23am
" all - i took this test last month and just got the results back today through my rheumy. OMG - i think it will change my life.

over the last few years i've tried several drug combinations, including enbrel, simponi and remicade, and never achieved the remission i'd hoped for. turns out that of the two proteins that biologics target, IL-6 and TNF-RI, we've been chasing the *wrong* one. all the biologics i've tried in the past target the TNF protein, and the vectra test showed that my much larger issue is the concentration of IL-6 proteins in my body.

so, on to either orencia or actemra, the two biologics that will work best for me, according to the test. i'm actually looking forward to trying something new this time, and i wouldn't have felt that way were it not for the vectra test. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/18/11  1:29pm
" Thanks for sharing! Very interesting indeed! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/21/11  5:53pm
" I just had this test. It confirms that I do have RA. :(
I'm not sure that insurance companies pay for the test, yet, but Crescendo may cover the costs. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/21/11  6:02pm
" @cherylmalley - i hope the results can also guide you toward optimal treatment for your RA. i had my first actemra infusion (based on the vectra test results) a few weeks ago and i do feel better. will do one or two more and then repeat the vectra DA test to see how the numbers have changed.

btw, the costs (for me) worked out like this: $995 for test, $500 paid by my insurance co, $400 waived by crescendo, $95 bill to me. it was totally worth it for me as it would have taken perhaps years of repeated failures before my rheumy would have recommended actemra. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/21/11  10:23pm
" Had this test done and Cresendo did pay for it. it is based on your income. if your under 95,000 they will pick up what your insurance company does not. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/22/11  8:54pm
" Does it work for seronegative people, too? "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web