Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
itching attacks
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
has anyone had sudden intermitant severe itching attacks. comes on strong lasts approximatly 4-hours. not recurring until the following day sometimes every other day.
Posted on 01/05/08, 10:44 pm
22 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Rheumatoid Arthritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/06/08  11:19am
" yes and it drives me nutts sometimes let cool water run over my skin helps but not to cold "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/06/08  6:35pm
" I get itching attacks almost nightly. The more I itch the more I scratch and the more I itch. I have learned to take benedryl nightly ( I take Target generic) and it seems to help a bit. I have itched so badly that I give myself welts. Good luck I feel your insanity! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/07/08  12:11am
" not to be morbid, but my best friends mother had terrible itching, and they found out she had liver problems. Are you having your liver levels checked? Just a thought. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/07/08  1:43pm
" Don't let Sandy's comment scare you,just something to check up on. I have liver tests every three months because of the MTX and have never had levels of toxicidity or anything out of whack. My doc says take the benydral if it helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/07/08  2:34pm
" I itch a lot, usually on the sides of my legs....but sometimes the swelling especially in my fingers makes them itch a lot. I think it's probably normal. My stomach was itching last night, and I was thinking......perhaps I'm developing an allergy to my fish oil pills which I took last night. Time will tell, I'm sure. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/07/08  8:02pm
" Yes I get it on my hands and fingers. Try Hydrocortisone cream and cold water. Once I got it at work and during break used direct constant pressure which worked! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/07/08  8:39pm
" yes, i itch, also. but i get mosquito-like bumps in random places. the 1st day i just itch. the 2nd day they appear. they last for 4-5 days. i keep telling my dr's & they keep telling me they don't know, it's probably something in my house. but this started happening when i started all my med's for RA. and just like bizemomm i get regular liver check up's. i think it's a reaction from the med's, but nothing serious. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/08/08  10:16am
" Peggy,

Make sure that they are indeed keeping an eye on your liver function tests. Itching could be something as simple as the winter weather or as extreme as liver issues. Mtx can raise cane with the liver. I happen to have severe liver damage from Hep C and know how annoying the itchies can bee. Mtx tends to increase the itchy-scratchy game for me.

Mouse "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/08/08  11:23am
" Yes, palms and feet. Happens daily.

Susie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/21/08  1:47am
" Hello: I've had itching until it drives me UP THE WALL and I've been experiencing it most of the time it seems since I was diagnosed with RA in 2006. I'm thinking it has to be related to RA and the fact that we have a faulty immune system. I just scratched my leg almost until it bled and my lower back itching is driving me CRAZY!! I can't wait to read all the posts here and see if you have had any success w/any products you've used. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web