Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
nodule found on Chest XRay
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was diagnosed with Stage 1 RCC 2 and 1/2 years ago...had a Left partial nephrectomy. I just had followup CT's and CXR. Dr. called this am, said "nothing alarming"...found a nodule on chest xray...just precautionary given my history. What am I to think???
Posted on 12/22/11, 11:14 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Renal Cell Carcinoma (Kidney Cancer). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/23/11  8:57am
" The doctor will probably just watch it. If it doesn't grown, it very well could be scar tissue. Should it grow, they usually do a biopsy. Should that turn out to be RCC, you could have it removed or they'll start you on one of the wonderful drugs they have today. Try not to panic, Hon. A friend of ours has had several unknown spots in his lung for several years with no change. The oncologists believe they are scar tissue. I will be praying for you. Remember I'm here, if you need a friend.

My Love, Ingrid "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/27/11  4:30pm
" Hello to my dear friend,

i am so sorry to read your message, one thing i want to let you know, don't worry right now.. Just remember the worrying you went through when your first cat scan came around ?? I am here for you as much as i was before, you don't have to be alone through this either, i am here to help you get through this ok kiddo ?? Your doctor will most likely do a cat scan with contrast and it's a nodule and nodules are only millimeters in size and 1 millimeter is the size of 1 strand of hair..

I don't know if you remember when Tim had his over 3cm right upper lobe lung mass removed over 2 years ago.. We had the greatest Thoracic surgeon and of coarse right now i can't think of her name at this very moment.. She told us too where Tim has several nodules still in both lungs she could remove them all without any problems at all.. I just remembered her name her name is Dr Reddy, she has an office at Anna Jaques Hospital in Newburyport, she only works 1 or 2 days a week and she also does surgery there.. I highly recommend her, she saved Tim's life with what she found that every other doctor missed..

You have options and i wanted you to know this, please let me know if what i told you has helped you.. Write me when you can..

Love,
Becca "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/29/11  9:52pm
" I also have nodules in my lungs they are watching so far no change, but since I had the kidney cancer in April removed, it will be part of the scan plan from now on. Good luck to you, let us know how you are doing. Hugs, Annette "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/20/12  2:25pm
" So txkiki53, how long ago did you have surgery and what stage?...and how many nodules do u have? I had a subsequent CT scan and they saw a 4mm nodule or maybe she thought the nodule could be a collection of pulmonary vessels. Also saw some low density thing in chest...could be a large lymph node..will have another CT in a month. I'm trying not to be anxious, but it's not working very well.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/20/12  3:55pm
" Hi Caseymollie,

i just wanted you to know i am thinking of you today & everyday and hoping somehow your anxiety is getting a bit better.. I am hoping and praying that what is found is exactly what the doctor told you which is a collection of pulmonary vessels.. However it does turn out on your next scan, we are all here to help you in anyway we can..

Hope to hear from you soon by email..

Take care my dear,dear, friend..

Love,
Becca "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/21/12  6:47am
" sorry, I never did answer you,, I have stage 1 furhman grade 2, I think it was 3 or 4 nodules, don't remember the size, this last time since there was no change my lung doctor said to wait a year to have the scan so it will be Aug. Good luck to you, let us know how you are doing. I had my surger April 14 2011,
Take care, hugs from Texas
Annette "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/02/12  7:07pm
" Wow Casey, it sounds like you and I had a very similar experience. Mine too was about the same time as yours, and the same surgery, etc.
I go for another follow up at the end of the month.
I just wanted to say hello, and let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web