Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
I HATE THIS FREAKING DISEASE!!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I just learned that a very good friend of mine who was diagnosed with RCC a year after I was, is now suffering a recurrance. She went from doing well, to only having days to live. I had moved away in February, and lost touch. I find out today that Hospice is with her, and she now has only a few short days left. HOW can this happen SO FAST?
She didn't want people worrying about her, or talking about her. Other than her two daughters, she carried this burden alone. I feel horrible, just horrible for all of them.
I HATE YOU CANCER! I HATE YOUR GUTS!
Posted on 11/08/11, 10:26 pm
17 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Renal Cell Carcinoma (Kidney Cancer). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/09/11  10:17am
" I HATE THIS FREAKIN' DISEASE TOO!
I have always characterized it as a monster who invades your home, your life, your body and despite best efforts may sometimes emerge the victor. My fervent wish is to see this monster vanquished in my lifetime, so it turns tail and hobbles off to never never land where it may never devour another fine person.
glors "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/09/11  4:47pm
" So sorry about your friend. I lost a lifelong friend to cancer two days ago....so understand all your feelings. I HATE CANCER TOO!!! How I pray for a cure.

Hugs, Ingrid "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/09/11  11:19pm
" On the list of "HATES" Cancer is at the top! It has taken so many people Iove or has touched the lives of so many people I love, including mine... Prayers for a cure! Hugs & Prayers to all, Annette "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/11/11  11:01am
" I am so sorry about your friend. Cancer just takes and takes! I pray for a cure for my husband and all who suffer. Yes it is a monster that just comsumes our lives and takes our every waking moment. Lord help us all!
Wanda "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/11/11  11:30am
" I am sorry for your loss. I hate this disease and when I hear these scenarios I pray this are not the norm as I want a long life with my 21 year old. He is having is kidney out next week and we got good news this week, Sutent is shrinking his soft tissue mets on his kidney and liver, and we have no new evidence of disease anywhere. So we are at bay for now. Being young he endures Sutent very well. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/11/11  2:25pm
" My friend passed this morning at 12 am. I simply can't believe it. I only heard she had a recurrance a couple of days ago. She hadn't even told her daughter until last week. She tried to shoulder and beat this on her own. Everyone around her said that she looked fine until about a month ago, when she began wasting away quickly. In ONE month?? I just can't believe it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/12/11  9:10pm
" I am so sorry about your friend. How can you be doing ok one day and gone the next? Cancer just has a mind of its own! God helps us ALL.

Prayers, Wanda "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/15/11  6:40am
" soo very sorry for the loss of your friend... my heart aches for you as I just found out yesterday a dear friend of mine has ovarian cancer and it has spread... I HATE CANCER...........
many prayers "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/20/11  1:09pm
" My dear Bev,

i am so sorry about this happening to your friend, it obvious, this horible cancer was silently spreading thru out her body without any symtoms till a month ago.. mRCC is known as one of the silent killer cancer and it's so sad to say it won't give one sign that the cancer has occurred until it's thru out the body and nothing can be done.. I wish i had a better answer for you other than what i have just said, the dam disease is a killer and i HATE IT ALSO !! When Tim was d/x he didn't have one symtom, i took him to the ER for a whole other situation, if he didn't go when he did he wouldn't be here today, the cancer was growing a cm a month at that point without one symtom.. By the time a symton showed up it would of been thru out his body and this is the sadness of this and all other cancers who are silent killers..

I am so sorry about your dear friend, it must have been so hard carry this burden alone for whatever reason she wanted to use.. All i can say hon is CANCER IS A KILLER
once it is that advanced, there isn't anything that can be done..

I am so sorry Bev, this is not a way to go, my prayers are with her family, and my prayers are with you.. I guess living with this disease for over 4 years, i realize i can handle anything, for all Tim has gone thru, but with the statistis being 10% of five year survival is the scariest year i will face.. No one knows where else Tim's cancer is today and with no symtoms this makes it harder & sadder

I love you Bev, and i hate this cancer as much as you do, it's a day at a time, everyday, with lots of hope & faith..
Love,
Becca "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 11/21/11  5:52am
" Bev, I am so sorry about your friend. I HATE CANCER, too. It has taken so many of my family and friends. My thoughts are with you and your friend's family. I just wish scientists can find a cure for all cancers soon.
Hugs "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web