Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Is it rape if it's your own husband?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Shortly after we got married, we were in honeymoon stage and having sex everyday, but one night I said no, so we went to sleep (at least I did)< and I woke up to him rolling me over, climbing on top of me and having intercourse with me.
I didn't like that, I had said no... but I was 23, and I thought, well, he is my husband, so I guess it's ok.

So I had convinced myself that it was okay

Another time I was sitting on the edge of the bed after a shower with just a t-shirt on, and my husband got out of the shower and we had been arguing earlier and were still mad at each other, so he got out of the shower and came to me on the bed saying to LAY DOWN so he could have sex with me and I said NO. I was mad at him, I didn't want to have sex.. So he went to grab my legs and I crossed them, so he tried to pull them apart and I held them crossed tighter and then I laughed and he got so mad took his fist and hit my leg really hard, spread my legs, pushed me back on the bed and had sex with me while I was crying.

Is it rape? I'm so confused.
Posted on 02/16/11, 04:04 pm
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Rape. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/16/11  6:01pm
" Yes, sad to say but it is rape. No means no, married or not. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/16/11  10:14pm
" Yes. Marriage does not change the meaning of no. I'm sorry this happened to you. Have you thought of seeking help and/or getting out of the marriage? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/16/11  11:52pm
" I guess it would be the same as date rape. I just am in denial sort of, I don't know..... I feel lost, shamed, guilty... really depressed. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/17/11  4:50am
" You've nothing to feel ashamed or guilty about in this. It wasn't your fault. Seeing a counsellor and talking about it can really help.

I do hope you're able to get the support you need. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/18/11  4:54am
" Yes It is rape no means no and add in the violence domestic abuse adn rape . ru safe now ? You deserve better . "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/18/11  3:50pm
" Yes, it is rape. And drbeaker is right, no means no, all the time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/19/11  1:48am
" Now what do I do? I just don't know what to do..what to think.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/19/11  1:51am
" I'm so confused I don't really know how to feel. Mostly feel ashamed. Don't really want to be around people at all. Depressed. I just keep thinking Gosh I was so stupid, in denial, should have left him, WHY did I stay.. that means I just let him do this to me, which means it's my fault. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/19/11  2:16pm
" Hey yes it is rape my husband raped me it's not your fault don't blame yourself it's his. If u ever wanna talk just message me take care "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/19/11  3:47pm
" Yes it is. Its good to figure that out ow thoughthen later. My mom was raped by her first husband and she didnt know until years and years later than rape is still rape. drbeakeris right. married or not no means no. it's heartbreaking. im so sorry that happened to you. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web