Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
do the drugs for PH work
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I don't know if I have HP yet, I have insurance issues that won't allow me to have a heart atherization, my echo and stress test indicate ativity on the right side of my heart. My question is after reading the comments here that some of you are being treated by the drugs for PH and it seems al of you still have the symptoms. Do the drugs work. I thought that once I was officiall y diagnoised and started on the meds for PH I would be able to be more active, less tired and breath easier without O2.
Posted on 08/27/10, 11:26 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Pulmonary Hypertension. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/13/10  6:10pm
" I was diagnosed with ph but it was mild and no meds yet.They increased my lasix to pull more fluid off my lungs and I feel better since that.Most of the people on this site are a lot sicker than I am,but PH does not always mean meds. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/14/10  7:34am
" Thanks Jami,
I can't take the lasix because my potassium level stays so low because of my steroid use. Doc I saw last week told me he was going to have me feeling better soon. I really hope so. Next week he's going to schedule a heart cautheruzation. So I'm hopeful.

I'm glad you're not that sick and you stay as healthy as you can.

Hugs,
Kim "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/02/11  11:36am
" I was daignosed with Pulmonay Arterial Hypertension which the the most acute. I have been through a study for Letaris a med I take. I have had right heart cath and all the procedures to attest to the fact I have PAH. Even with my insurance it is costly so I don't know what it takes. I am on Oxygen 24-7 and it has helped. praying for you for answers to your problem. Love and Prayer, Berta "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/02/11  2:41pm
" Thanks BZberta, I was dx with PH in October and put on Revitio, seems to be helping. I got insurance through the healthcare reform. New issue is in March I'll have Medicare and the Revitio is expensive. You just can win for losing. Thanks for you response. be well, Kim "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web