Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Neck swelling/Pinching feeling
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I experienced a weird feeling a couple days before I went into the hospital with the PE that was like a swelling of my neck and it felt "full" or something. Then yesterday I felt it again after not feeling it for more than a week at least. Also, I got a little pinching in my chest area that I hadn't felt since the night before I went to the hospital. They didn't get worse but subsided so I thought it was probably normal. Has anyone else experienced these things? Should I be worried enough to go to the hospital?
Posted on 02/12/09, 08:22 am
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Pulmonary Embolism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/12/09  9:05am
" Are you experiencing anxiety? My throat always felt full and my chest hurt when I'd start to have an anxiety attack.

I don't want to dismiss this as anxiety, though; I just know that I had a LOT of anxiety and the symptoms seemed similar to a PE to me. But I would suggest calling your doc if your concerned. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/12/09  10:11am
" For years I was the one who had to be drug to the doctors office and it was usually with me kicking and screaming the whole way. Its not that I hated doctors but I refused to believe anything could happen to me that I couldn't handle on my own. My Husband called me Doctor Joyce. Then one day I had this really weird experience called a PE, and now when I feel off in anyway I willingly go in and get it checked out. Remember we belong to a very rare club, its called SURVIVORS.
If something doesn't feel right go get it checked out, don't waste that second chance you were given. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/12/09  10:42am
" I know exactly how/what you were feeling. My understanding is if those pains come and go, you are probably experiencing normal "pains" post PE because the plural lining is still irritated by the clots. If however, those pains persist and do not subside, my Dr says go straight to the ER. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/12/09  3:30pm
" Thanks a lot for your input! How long should one wait for things to subside? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/13/09  11:01am
" For me, that feeling of fullness, swelling and aching was along the right side of my neck. I also had stabbing pains that ran from the base of my neck down into my chest by the collar bone. It finally subsided about 10 days after the on-set. This started Jan 10. The occaisional pinching in the chest that comes, and goes, is still happening but not as often. Hope this helps. Main thing is don't ignore the pain if it gets worse or doesn't stop very soon after the pains/pinching hits. (This is advice from the Dr.) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web