Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Green Tea
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was ready to prepare a cup of hot green tea. I was drinking the regular Lipton tea, but I thought Green tea would be healthier. But, just as soon as I was ready to drink it, I thought, "Green?" So I went and looked it up online and sure enough, Green tea is loaded with Vitamin K. Does any one have any suggestions on Tea that can be safely consumed without altering the INR levels? Thanks.

Indwen
Posted on 01/07/14, 07:39 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Pulmonary Embolism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/08/14  8:49am
" The amount of vitamin k in green tea is kind of misleading because hardly any gets into the water. I drink green tea intermittently and never had an issue with my INR. You could drink it and test your INR to see if it has any affect if it's a concern. Obviously it could affect some people more than others.

Here's an interesting thread on this
http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Pulm... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/10/14  3:18pm
" Thanks, rmb---- but the more interesting thread (I haven't looked for it) is where I discovered that not only did many charts list Green Tea as very high in Vit K but the handout sheet I got from the anti-coag clinic did also!!!!

They were probably getting information from one supposedly good site l that shows Green Tea as very high in Vit K. for ONE POUND OF DRIED TEA LEAVES NOT CUPS OF BREWED TEA!!! LOL

Indwen, you're probably looking at that same site. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web