Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
13 year old having a baby?!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My borther is 13 years old and his girlfriend told me she is pregnant from him she is 16 will be 17 in november.

This is a situation where everyone knows but no one says anything. my mom knows my brother knows.
My brother has not said anything to anyone. I founf out from her. and she told me my mom called her and asked her and she said yes.
She is 7 weeks. she moved to a diffrent state with her grandma because she was afraid of being rejected from everyone here.
I am sad and upset with both of them. I had taken her to planned parenthood to get pills as soon as I found out they were having sex. I never talked to my brother of anything. I mostly talked to her and she always told me they used protection. my family has always been againts them because she is older and at first I was too but When they kept on seeing eachother I decided to talk to her and give her advice on leaving him but she said she loved him.

Now I don't know what to say or do. She said she will only come back if and when my brother directly tells my family she is pregnant.
I know this is my parents fault and if it gets worst it will continue to be their fault because they allowed his to see her they knew that he was having sex and instead bought him condoms which is good but then when they didn't want him to see her they stopped buying condoms yet he still had sex with her behind their back.

He is sooo young he is also very spoiled which makes me think that it will be bad because my mom will probably not make him take resposability. he isn't old enough to have a job!
Posted on 09/16/13, 11:23 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Pregnancy - Teens. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/27/13  11:41pm
" I'm sorry but he's 13 he shouldn't even be able to have a gf especially not someone who is 4 years older almost an adult. Ik it was probably both of there ideas to have sex but your mother shouldnt have aloud then to do anything. He's barley a teenager he shouldn't be having sex to get a girl pregnant. And I don't know your parents but they are setting a bad example for letting it go on for such a long time. I think the best think to do is just try to guide them in the right direction and try to teach him a lesson. And your parents need to stop letting this go on or else he's just gonna continue having sex with girls and getting them pregnant. He should already have a kid on the way at 13. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/02/13  12:45pm
" Best thing you can do is try to be patient. What is done is done. Can't undo it. I would suggest getting mom to be into a birth clinic. Catholic social services or catholic charities is a good one to try...at least in my area. They provide counseling to help the mom and dad if he's involved deal with the pregnancy and make a plan for after baby arrives (parenting or adoption). Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/06/13  7:50pm
" Yowza! You are really in a grey area here.. I commend you for getting brother and his gf educated on safe sex, first of all.. but now that she is pregnant, she is going to be in hot water if she goes back to Planned Parenthood and they find out that the father ( your brother ) is only 13. Legally, that is statutory Rape. Read any of the posted signs, it will say, anything you tell us is confidential EXCEPT.... and one of those is if you are a minor having sex with someone under the age of 13.

They are obligated by law to report it.

The best thing you can do is to help them go through their options. There are a lot of great options out there if they are considering open adoption/adoption , or even want to try and parent. But at 16/13 , it will be a challenge.

Best of luck to you! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/03/13  9:22pm
" 13 is not under the age of 13. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web