How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear

Precocious Puberty Information

Early pubic hair, breast, or genital development may result from normal but early maturation or from several abnormal conditions. Early puberty which is normal in every way except age is termed idiopathic central precocious puberty. It may be partial or transient. Central puberty can also occur prematurely if the inhibitory system of the brain is damaged, or a hypothalamic hamartoma produces pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). Secondary sexual development induced by sex steroids from other abnormal sources (gonadal or adrenal tumors, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, etc.) is referred to as peripheral precocious puberty or precocious pseudopuberty.

Health Blogs

Well over 4 years ago, I was proud to have my office participate in what I felt would become a landmark research study assessing whether boys (just like their female counterparts) were starting puberty at an earlier age than previously reported. My office was just one of many pediatrics offices throughout the U.S. that was responsible for ... Read More »
A disturbing study was released recently out of the Midwest and was published in the Journal of Sex Roles. It highlighted the fact that girls as young as 6 years old have a desire to look sexy. The study that was performed was fairly simple. It asked girls between the ages of 6 to 9 a series of questions. Each girl had 2 dolls, one doll was ... Read More »
Sexting, as many of you know, is sending explicit electronic messages. How does sexting relate to dating and sexual activity? If you sext more do you have sex more? Here is what we just learned about sexting from a recent survey of high school students:
1. More than half of American teens have been asked to send a “sext,” based on ... Read More »

Member Photos

Advertisement

Latest Activity