Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Tachycardia During Ovulation or PMS?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Please tell me I am not alone in this; I have had a problem with tachycardia for awhile and have been taking note of when it occurs and it seems to me that it might be happening when I am ovulating or having PMS. Now my periods are VERY irregular, I am having PMS already I think (or in my case PMDD). Does this happen to anyone else. I would just sleep better at night if I knew I was not alone with this issue.
Posted on 12/11/09, 01:05 am
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Pre-menstrual Syndrome (PMS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/12/09  8:46am
" Hm! What I know happens with me is that when I am prementrual, I often get a transient benign chest wall pain, like a sting. That and bradycardia induced by stress - that's all I know I have. I haven't even thought of pinning it down to menstruation and cycle...

Hill "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/19/09  3:36pm
" I often get tachycardia and a near-fainting feeling. I can often be sitting still and hit a HR of 120 at least. Despite cardiac workups - there's nothing wrong with my heart - it's all related to the hormone surges. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/19/13  6:59pm
" Tachycardia is most common on day #28 of the menstrual cycle.
Small blood clots migrate into heart valves and can cause tachycardia and / or other symptoms including panic anxiety attacks and insomnia. These discoveries are outlined at a new website called http://www.thrombo.info

Dr Bode "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/07/13  4:45pm
" Yes and Yes!!! I already had anxiety before i even started to experience PMDD and got tachycardia..it has been bad this go around and its scary as hell. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/19/13  2:04pm
" You're definitely not alone in this. I spent months in and out of the ER before I started charting when this would happen. I would be sitting at my desk (no stress, no anxiety, no worries) and my heart rate would increase to 120-140 and I would get really dizzy. Usually happens around ovulation and anywhere from a few days before to the day of my period. Naturopath told me it was just hormone surges. Some of us are just more sensitive than others. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web