10:19 am
Cymbalta 
1 By JournalReader
9:40 am
music 
30 By joneszy93
1:01 am

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Information

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a term for certain psychological consequences of exposure to, or confrontation with, stressful experiences that the person experiences as highly traumatic. These experiences can involve actual or threatened death, serious physical injury, or a threat to physical and/or psychological integrity. It is occasionally called post-traumatic stress reaction to emphasize that it is a routine result of traumatic experience rather than a manifestation of a pre-existing psychological weakness on the part of the patient.

Health Blogs

Throughout our country, treatment centers and programs are filled to capacity with people struggling with addictions and psychiatric disorders. Regardless of what drove them to seek treatment, the goal for all is recovery. How this end is achieved varies depending on the individual, as well as the intensity and longevity of the disease, and ... Read More »
Optimism is an extraordinary limbic resource, and available to everyone, because it’s a learned skill. You can decide to be optimistic with remarkable success. Not Pollyanna optimistic, but glass-half-full optimistic, and it’s worth the effort.
Many have experienced the mental and emotional benefits of mindfulness training. The techniques help with relaxation during stressful times and push individuals to become more attentive to their bodies, their emotions and the environment around them. Those with life-altering diseases like cancer have found these techniques useful in calming the ... Read More »

Member Photos

Advertisement
Community Advisors
Sarah Williams Volf
Director, C.A.M.O.,
Challenge America
Dr. Kimberly Dennis
Psychiatrist,
Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center
Torrey L. Shannon
Public Speaker and Advocate,
Challenge America