Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Out of remission....AGAIN
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi everyone, have been suffering on and off for 14 yrs with DM these days seems more on then off. Last Rhuemy appt. my ANA was positive again, its disappointing when you are in remission for a long time, and then that happens.I would like to list some of my most recent symptoms just to see if any other DM people experience what I do. I was classic DM eye lessions, skin rash, hand and cuticle rash, muscle weakness, etc. but as time has gone on I know experience.
Burning mouth - mouth sores
Uncontrolable scalp itch
lessions on my knuckles
hip and shoulder pain(not weakness)
IExercise twice a day, still bike, walk, areobics what ever I can incorporate, feel it helps keep me strong. I also am a true believer in the power of prayer and try to be a positive thinker. I welcome any comments or advice that you are willing to share. Thank you and God Bless!
D
Posted on 02/11/11, 10:34 pm
14 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Polymyositis & Dermatomyositis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/12/11  12:30am
" I wanted to say I am sorry you are slipping out of remission. I am sure that is very disappointing after feeling good for so long. I have PM so my symptoms are different but I do think your symptoms sound very similar to the other DM people express. I am sure they will be responding soon.

Hang in there. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/12/11  9:10am
" I am also sorry to hear..I know how frustrating it is. With my PM I have more of the muscle and joint problems rather than the skin issues. The only skin issue I've developed with PM is Livedo Reticularis.
But it is frustrating, just when you think you are feeling better or getting good results, something happens physically to bring you down and make you frustrated. I hate these diseases. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/12/11  10:47am
" Thanks ladies for your supportive comments, as rare as I feel this illness is, and how sad I feel when others share these auto immune disorders. It is comforting to have a site to go where you can share your ups and downs with people who understand. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/14/11  10:16am
" hi @deeanngi i also have dm and have for quite some time. i know how horrible that can be to come out of remission and i totally impathize with you. i have had the same syptoms as you. shoulder pain can happen especially if you've felt weakness in those joints before. i've not had the mouth sores before. i know that can be a symptom of lupus or of some medications used to treat our auto immune disease.

i think exercise is incredibly important to keep us going, but if you're just recently relapsing i'm thinking you might want to stick to gentle exercise for right now and you might want to reduce your time spent exercising by a little. rest and recoup time is so incredibly important for us.

did your rheumy put you back on medications to help with all the symptoms and to reduce them?

you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers!
nicole "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/14/11  11:25am
" Take comfort in knowing you're not alone. I too have been slipping out of remission after a few years of controling the DM. We'll travel the road together:) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/14/11  6:21pm
" @ Nicole Thank you for the kind words, also empathize with all on this site, it was so hard first coming on a reading the stories, especially for people who have just been diagnosed. The road is long, it is often hard, but I have Faith, and alot of new friends to walk with on our road to good health. My Rhuemy increased my plaquinill intake, often wonder if that med bothers my mouth. I have cut down on my weight traing, see if I can heel my shoulders a bit. I go back to my rhuemy on Feb 21st, I lldef keep you posted.God Bless and good health.

@ eddies girl, I feel you, slipping backward is never easy, my face today is as red as can be. At least im not having to wear so much blush. haha. I ll keep you all posted on my Dr. visit on the 21 st. God bless, thanks for the encouraging words. As Ive always told my daughters. "if you're ever going to see a rainbow, you have to stand a little rain." "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/15/11  5:04pm
" hang in there, don't let it get the best of you. i have had to deal with many of the symptoms, but refuse to let it hold me back. keep smiling and best of luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/15/11  6:03pm
" Thanks Hoops, I always try to keep a positiive ,happy attitude.I do believe that it helps me mentally and physically. Be well! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/15/11  7:06pm
" I'm with you girl..it's quite a cycle isn't it? Just when you feel you are semi normal..you take a small slide downward...but you WILL get back up!! Prayers and positivity your way ! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/16/11  8:59pm
" Thanks Brandi, one day at a time. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web